Presented by Equity Engineering
API’s 3-day course, taught by The Equity Engineering Group, Inc. provides real-world case studies about incidents involving Pressure Relief Valves (PRV). There also are classroom exercises that illustrate procedures for determining relief rates and valve size.
- Determining required relief loads for distillation towers
- Sizing for two-phase releases
- Sizing flare headers
- Deciding inspection frequency of relief devices
- Documenting PRV design basis to meet OSHA 1910
- Evaluating overpressure scenarios
- Effects of back pressure on relief valves
- Protecting vessels from fire damage
- Evaluating gas breakthrough
- Setting pressure tolerances
In addition, there are class exercises, such as determining relief load from real process equipment.
Who Should Attend:
- Federal and state regulatory personnel who oversee safety and environmental protection
- Engineers who design process piping systems and pressure vessel engineers
- Boilers and process plant equipment owners/operators
- Maintenance personnel who inspect and install pressure relief devices
- Engineers involved in plant turnaround/upgrade projects
- Manufacturer technical sales representatives
To order API publications, please visit the Publications
section of the API website.
For More Information
Contact Equity Engineering