View Program Registration Sponsors and Exhibitors Hotel Information
NEW! Former Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton has been confirmed as Keynote Speaker at the 2013 Inspection Summit.
API invites you to join us at the API Inspection Summit & Expo in Galveston, Texas, January 7-10, 2013. The API Inspection Summit will provide an opportunity to learn about new and existing industry codes and standards, to hear about emerging trends from experts, and our interactive sessions will allow you to discuss existing and emerging issues. The API Inspection Summit is the only networking event for inspectors in the industry.
The API Inspection Summit was designed with you in mind. This three-day summit offers over 120 topics addressing the needs of individuals involved in subsea drilling, production systems, pipelines, terminals, refining and chemical manufacturing, and storage facilities. Each day focuses on presentations relevant to upstream, midstream and downstream. Our flexible program gives attendees the ability to attend one, two, or all three days.
New This Year:
You asked - we listened!
The Inspection Summit's Steering Committee is pleased to offer a new feature for 2013 - A One-Day optional training component consisting of 8 technical courses, providing in-depth education to attendees.
These One-Day optional training courses will be held Monday, January 7th, 2013. You have the option of attending one 8-hour course or two 4-hour courses.
Optional Training Courses - Monday, January 7th, 2013:
- Fitness For Service (8 Hour Course)
- API 571 Corrosion Damage Mechanisms (8 Hour Course)
- Technical Writing (8 Hour Course)
- "Basic ASME B31.3 Requirements" as they apply to the API-570 (8 Hour Course)
- Risk Based Inspection (8 Hour Course)
- Positive Material Identification (PMI) API-RP 578 (Morning) (4 Hour Course):
- Applied Positive Material Identification (Afternoon) (4 Hour Course)
- Non-Destructive Testing (Morning) (4 Hour Course)
- Phased Array and Time of Flight Diffraction Technique (Afternoon) (4 Hour Course)
View Training Course Descriptions
* Registration for Training Courses are now closed.
Monday, January 7, 2103
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Lunch : 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Final Conference Schedule - Subject to change
Preliminary Technical Program Topics
The Primary Topics for the 2013 Inspection Summit are:
- Inspector Roles and Responsibilities
- Inspection – Mechanical Integrity Programs; Integrity Management
- Vendor Surveillance
- Inspection Lessons Learned
- Inspection applied to: Pressure Vessels, Piping, PSVs, Storage Equipment, Drilling Equipment, Pipelines, Tanks, and onshore and offshore structures.
- Nondestructive Examination (NDE, NDI, NDT)
- Inspection Careers, Training and Certification
- Coatings/Linings and Cathodic Protection
- Corrosion Prevention/Mitigation
- Degradation Mechanisms
- Materials of Construction
Engineering & Analysis:
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Fitness for Service (FFS)
- Integrity Management
- Codes/Standards/Recommended Practices
Over 100 sessions will be available, representing the best and most timely topics in the inspection field. Whether you are an NDT examiner searching for a career path, an API inspector looking to advance your skills or an inspection/reliability manager desiring a greater understanding of the issues involved with the inspection of today's facilities, the Inspection Summit is THE meeting to attend. These tough times call for a renewed emphasis on inspection and reliability, one inspection at a time.
Pre-registration for the conference is now closed, you may register for this meeting on-site.
Registration for Training Courses are now closed.
Speaker and Moderator Package
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds: Substitutions may be made at any time by written request. Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by December 21, 2012. A refund of your registration fee, less a $100 cancellation fee, will be made if notice is received by this date. No refunds given after December 21, 2012.
On-Site Registration Fees
Registration Desk Hours:
|Sunday, January 6 - Training Course early arrivals
||3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
|Monday, January 7 - Training Course attendees and Inspection Summit early arrivals
||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Tuesday, January 8 - Inspection Summit
||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|Wednesday, January 9 - Inspection Summit
||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|Thursday, January 10 - Inspection Summit
||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Note: On Tuesday, January 8th the Keynote Address begins at 9:00 AM. The Inspection Summit General Sessions begin at 10:30 AM.
Connect with Conference Attendees
After you register, connect with conference attendees, or invite others in your online networks.
Back to Top
Sponsorships and Exhibits
The API Inspection Summit invites you to show your support of the inspection industry. There will be three full days of exhibiting opportunities and since attendees have flexible registration opportunities, you will see new faces each day! Different levels of sponsorships are available to fit any budget.
The 2013 sponsor and exhibitor application is available on our Exhibitor and Sponsor Information page.
2013 Inspection Summit Button
Attendees are encouraged to support the 2013 Inspection Summit by adding a button ad to their website or signature file. More information, as well as the button, is available here.
List of Endorsers, Sponsors, and Exhibiting Companies
It has come to our attention that an unauthorized third party (Exhibitions Housing Services) is contacting Inspection Summit exhibitors with an offer to obtain lower sleeping room rates at the hotels contracted by API. We respectfully ask that you continue to book your rooms through the official API channels via website or calling the hotel(s) directly so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations with the hotels. Please contact us if you receive this kind of message from any company not affiliated with the API Inspection Summit.
API has arranged a discount rate with the following hotels. We are pleased to announce that this discount rate is also available three days before and three days after the Summit based on availability. We suggest that you make your reservations early since the hotels usually sell out. Please be sure to mention the API Inspection Summit to qualify for this discount rate. The cut-off date for making reservations is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 5:00 pm local time. After this date hotel reservations will be accepted on a space available basis. A limited number of government rated rooms are available at the Hilton. You must reserve in advance and produce a government issued id in order to qualify for the prevailing government per diem rate.
- Hilton - $154 single/double. Map. Phone: 409-744-5000. You may also make reservations online.
- Holiday Inn - $134 single/double. Government rate available. Map. Phone: 409-740-5300. You may also make reservations online.
- San Luis Hotel - $164 single/double. Map. Phone: 409-744-1500.
The API Inspection Summit & Expo will be held at the Galveston Island Convention Center, 5600 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Texas 77551. Galveston is located just 50 miles south of Houston, and offers everything from historical sites to fantastic night spots and restaurants, all with a beach-front atmosphere. Nearby airports include Houston Hobby Airport, a thirty minute drive from Galveston and George Bush International Airport, a 90 minute drive from Galveston. For more information on everything Galveston has to offer, visit www.galveston.com.
Back to Top
We look forward to your participation. If you have technical questions, please contact:
- For Registration information, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-682-8195.
- For Logistics or Exhibitor/Sponsor questions please contact email@example.com or 202-682-8158.
- For Program information contact Madeleine Sellouk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-682-8332.