Letter from Brian Johnson to House Energy Tax Reform Working Group regarding industry taxes (April 23, 2013)Letter from Brian Johnson to House Ways & Means Committee and the Energy Tax Reform Working Group regarding the tax issues of concern to the oil and natural gas industry.
In an effort to help lawmakers better understand the industry, enclosed are the following documents:
- Data illustrating the industry’s contribution to the economy in taxes and in other ways,
- Issue one-pagers pertaining to Section 199, IDC, LIFO, and treatment of dual capacity taxpayers,
- API’s general tax reform principles,
- Industry’s comments on the Territorial Discussion Draft, and a
- Paper on the legislative history and importance of IDC with executive summary
File Size: .6 MB