View Program Registration Sponsorships and Exhibits Hotel Information
- Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Center for Offshore Safety
- Offshore Marine Service Association
- Offshore Operators Committee
- National Ocean Industries Association
- Independent Petroleum Association of America
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
The U.S. offshore oil and natural gas industry, in collaboration with its regulatory agencies, invites you to attend the 2013 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo, July 16-17, 2013 in Houston, Texas.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the latest in offshore developments while sharing experiences, practices, and even information on real-life incidents. The major theme of this year’s event will be “SEMS and OCS Lift Operations – Minimizing the Risk Offshore”, covering how lifting operations fit into the overall philosophy of an operators Safety and Environmental Management System, now required by the BSEE. Industry experts, including representatives from the BSEE and Coast Guard, will share their insights in the following sessions:
- BSEE/USCG Perspective on Crane Safety Issues
- API RP 2D and Spec 2C: Key Changes and Improvements
- API RP 2CCU
- Lift Planning including JSAs / JHAs
- Data Session - Safe Lifting Committee
- Operational Procedures & Safe Work Practices
- Offshore Platform Decommissioning, Plugging and Abandonment
- Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance of Critical Equipment
- Shore Based Lifting Operations and Pre Slinging Loads
- BSEE Industry Statistics
- Safe Lifting Studies & Initiatives
- Center for Offshore Safety Overview
- Lifting Incident Investigation
- Training and Best Practices
- Regulators Panel
BSEE Director James Watson and USCG Rear Admiral Joseph Servidio are the featured Keynote Speakers on Tuesday, July 16th. On Wednesday, July 17th our Keynote Speaker is Kevin Boyle, Upstream Lifting Director, BP Global.
The conference is expected to host 400 offshore lifting professionals, crane operators, management, and safety personnel. This is the best opportunity in the industry to learn about the latest developments, share insights, and network with other offshore industry colleagues. A separate exhibition area will host over 40 exhibiting companies from the offshore lifting industry sharing their experience and services first hand.
Who Should Attend
Anyone in industry, government or other groups involved in:
- Operation of offshore, shore-based terminals
- Drilling contractors
- Crane service/supply firms
- Anyone involved with offshore issues
Conference Co-Chair Welcome Letter
Online Registration is now closed. Onsite Registration will be available. Please come to the 4th foor anytime after 7:00 AM on Tuesday, July 16th.
Sponsor and Exhibitor Information
Information for Sponsors / Exhibitors
Connect with Conference Attendees
2013 Offshore Safe Lifting Logo
Exhibitors and Sponsors are encouraged to support the 2013 Offshore Safe Lifting Conference by adding a logo to their website. More information, as well as the logo, is available here.
API has arranged a discount room block at the Westin Houston Memorial City for $159/night Single/Double. Call 281-501-4300 or make your reservation online here. Be sure to mention the API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference to qualify for this discount rate. This discount rate is also available from three days before to three days after the meeting. The cut-off date for making reservations is June 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM, CT. After this date hotel reservations will be accepted on a space available basis.
The address for the Westin Houston Memorial City is 945 Gessner Road, Houston, Texas. An online map is available here. A map of the parking options is available here.
- Valet: $13/day
- Self-Park: By the Hour- Max: $12/day
- Park at the Mall: Free, but at own risk. Take sky bridge over to hotel.
- Contact 202-682-8158 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the logistics for this meeting.
- Registration questions should be directed to Brittany Ellis at 202-682-8195 or email@example.com