2018 Exploration and Production Winter Standards Meeting
When: January 22, 2018 - January 26, 2018
Where: Hyatt Regency San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs. It covers about 550 standards for all segments of the oil and natural gas industry. The breadth of this vital program is an important indication of the varied industry contacts that attendees can make during the sessions and networking opportunities.
Reason for Attending
- You will be able to keep up with the latest ideas and technologies, gain knowledge, and stay technically competent, while helping to keep industry advances rolling out.
- Participate in a proven method of information exchange about problems and opportunities, sharing knowledge with international experts.
- Learn the “story behind the standard” or the reasoning and perspective that let you apply industry specifications with sound judgment.
Questions?Registration: 202-682-8195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership status: 202-682-8475 or email@example.com
Logistics: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program: David Miller, 202-682-8159 or email@example.com
Program: Roland Goodman, 202-682-8571 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program will include
Meetings of the API Subcommittee on Tubular Goods (SC 5) will address:
- Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG)
- Line Pipe
- Drill Stem Elements
- Threading, Gauging, and Compounds
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Performance Properties
- Coiled Tubular Goods
- Sour Service Products
Meetings on the API Subcommittee on Valves and Wellhead Equipment (SC 6)
Meetings of the API Subcommittee on Drilling Structures and Equipment (SC 8) will address:
- Drilling Structures
- Drilling Equipment
- Hoisting Equipment
- Wire Rope and Roller Chain
- Well Cements testing
- Well Cement Manufacturing Specifications
- Casing Centralizers
- Cementing Float Equipment
- Cement Sheath Evaluation
- Shrinkage and Expansion in Oil Well Cements
- Worldwide Cementing Practices
Meetings on the API Subcommittee on Field Operating Equipment (SC 11)Meetings of the API Subcommittee on Drilling Fluid Materials (SC 13) will address:
- Standard Procedures for Field Testing Both Water-Based and Oil-Based Drilling Fluids
- Drilling Fluid Material Specification
- Evaluation of Drilling Fluid Processing Systems
- Rheology and Hydraulics of Oil Well Drilling Fluids
- Procedures for Lab Testing of Drilling Fluids
- Testing Heavy Brines
- Chemical Analysis of Barite
- Measuring the Viscous Properties of Cross-linked Water-Based Fracturing Fluid
Meetings on the API Subcommittee on Fiberglass and Plastic Tubulars (SC 15)
Meetings of the API Subcommittee on Well Control (SC16) will address:
- Drill-through Equipment Design, Manufacture, and Repair
- Choke and Kill Systems
- Control Systems for Well Control and Diverter Equipment
- Marine Drilling Riser Equipment
- BOP Equipment Systems
- Diverter Systems
- Manufacturing Quality Management Systems
- Service and Supply Quality Management Systems
Meetings on the API Subcommittee on Completion Equipment (SC 19)Meetings of the API Subcommittee on Supply Chain Management (SC 20) will address:
- Qualification of Suppliers of Products and Services (castings, forgings, bolts, NDE, heat treating, etc.)
- Reviewing materials-related standards work developed by the upstream standards subcommittees
- Identifying topics and trends on upstream materials-related needs
Who Should AttendMembers of API Exploration and Production Standards Committees and Subcommittees. The meeting should also be of interest to:
- Users and manufacturers of oil country tublar goods
- Users and manufacturers of drill-through and well control equipment
- Users and manufacturers of well cement
- Users and manufacturers of drilling Fluids
- Users and manufacturers of drilling and hoisting equipment
- Users and manufacturers of subsea production systems
- Materials engineers
- Quality management system professionals
- Supply chain management and professionals
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration. The cost is free and your sponsored attendee is welcomed at all 2018 API Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored, and accompanied, by a prior API standards meeting participant from the same company. Pre-registration is required. All hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant/attendee. You may only register two sponsored attendees, and on-site registration cannot be accepted for them.
Exhibitors - Reserve your table top online here.
Fax to 202-682-8222
Application Deadline: December 19, 2017
Artwork Deadline: December 11, 2017
Information for Sponsors and Exhibitors - This contains information on deadline, setup, display hours, shipping details, etc.
|Monday Breakfast/General Session||$3,500||5 Available|
|Central Coffee/Refreshment Breaks||$2,500||4 Available||Essentra Pipe Protection Tecnologies|
|Networking Break (Monday)||$1,500||Available|
|Networking Break (Tuesday)||$1,500||Available|
|Mobile Device Power Banks||$6,500||Available|
|Meeting WiFi||$3,000||5 Available|
- Monday: The Real San Antonio Tour
- Tuesday: Japanese Tea Garden
(Activities, specific arrangements, and the order in which they are listed, are subject to change as late as the day of the activity.)
Spouse/Guest Program (Available Soon) - Description of Activities
Spouses/guests may also attend the reception on Wednesday evening at no additional cost. A badge is required for admittance and may be obtained from the API Registration Desk.
For method of payment inquiries, please contact Brittany Morrow at 202-682-8195 or MorrowB@api.org.
Deadline: December 29, 2017
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds: Spouse/guest refunds will be granted at 100% if requests are received by January 5, 2018. After January 5, 2018, spouse/guest refunds will be granted at 50%.
|By Dec. 29|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activities - 2 Days||$250|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast Only - 2 Days||$100|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activity - 1 Day||$195|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast Only - 1 Day||$50|
Guidelines for Participation
- On-site registration will be based on availability only and cannot be guaranteed.
- The order and type of the activities listed are subject to change. Notification will be given.
- A spouse/guest refers to a spouse or personal friend, not a business associate or staff colleague. The spouse/guest registration fee may not be applied to anyone who wishes to attend meetings.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Before participation can begin, the spouse will be asked to sign a general waiver of liability.
Questions?Christy Howard, Christy Hill Events, Inc at email@example.com or Arnetta Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
123 Losoya Street
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Group Reference: When making reservations, you may mention the American Petroleum Institute to receive the group rate.
Room Rate: Mention API Group Rate - $235 single/double occupancy
Reservation Deadline: January 8, 2018 or until room block is sold out. After this date, reservations will be accepted at the group room rate on a space available basis only.
Reservations Questions: Contact the hotel directly at 210-222-1234.