Talk With Us
Jane Van Ryan
Posted April 29, 2009
Welcome to the new Energy Tomorrow blog. I'm Jane Van Ryan, API's Senior Communications Manager for New Media, and I'm one of the people who will be contributing to the blog. As you know, energy continues to be a critically important topic of discussion in the United States today, and many Americans are eager for information about energy.
To that end, API has endeavored to provide factual, third-party content through our Web site, and we've answered questions from visitors who've contacted us. Now we want to take that to the next level.
Through this new blog, we aim to be:
- Informative: Energy issues are complicated, to say the least. We'll do our best to break down some of these complex issues in a way that's easy to understand, and we'll answer your questions in an open dialogue.
- Timely: This is also where we'll provide our most up-to-date tidbits of news, information and commentary. So subscribe, bookmark--whatever your preference--to stay sharp on the day's most pressing energy issues.
- Fair: Most importantly, we want to hear from you and welcome your comments on our blog posts. We're looking forward to hosting a discussion with varying positions and opinions, but we do ask that you adhere to the comment guidelines. (Basically, we just ask that you be respectful.)
Our posts will cover a variety of energy-related topics, and we'll give particular focus to explaining how these issues relate to your economic interests. The blog will feature materials and commentary containing content that you might not find elsewhere, including energy industry statistics, technological advancements, as well as our views on policy decisions.
This blog will be a work in progress, so please bear with us. We'll be continuously working to grow and improve, so if you have any thoughts in that regard, we encourage you to contact us here.
So, here we go! Talk with us, share your thoughts and concerns about energy, and let's learn from one another.
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter