More Rockin' NEAR the Bakken?
Jane Van Ryan
Posted July 15, 2009
In a recent AP article, Lynn Helms, director of the North Dakota Department of Mineral Resources says:
"Recent production results from 103 newly tapped wells in the Three Forks-Sanish formation show many that are "as good or better" than some in the Bakken, which lies two miles under the surface in western North Dakota and holds billions of barrels of oil."
Currently, a study is being conducted to determine whether it's a unique reservoir and if it is, according to Helms, "it could literally double the potential we have--a Bakken 2, if you will."
For more information, read the full article.
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident