Marcellus Shale: Enormous Economic Opportunity for Pennsylvania
Jane Van Ryan
Posted July 20, 2009
In an op-ed from yesterday's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Robert W. Watson, emeritus associate professor at Penn State University, talks about the importance of increased energy development--specifically the shale gas that rests in the Marcellus Shale formation.
"Marcellus Shale development promises enormous economic benefits to Pennsylvania and raises important environmental, economic and land-use issues that should be robustly debated. But such development is not new. It is not unproven. It is not unsafe."
For more information, read the full op-ed.
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter