Op-ed: Offshore oil production will help Florida and America
Jane Van Ryan
Posted October 13, 2009
An op-ed in last week's Osceola News Gazette by Florida state representative Mike Horner discussed the importance of domestic oil and natural gas production, and how production could bring additional revenues, thousands of well-paying jobs, and greater energy security to Florida and our nation.
"Economists project these energy resources could produce between $2.3 billion and $12 billion in revenues -- each year -- for state government. That's money we badly need for public education, transportation, environmental protection and other critical functions of government. Drilling also could boost Florida's economy by $7 billion to $41 billion a year and create 40,000 to 231,000 new Florida jobs."
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident