API Speaks to Interior Department
Jane Van Ryan
Posted January 27, 2010
Today the American Petroleum Institute (API) offered comments responding to allegations that API President and CEO Jack Gerard misrepresented facts about oil and natural gas leasing:
"Mr. Gerard stands by his facts. Interior doesn't rebut one--and can't. The bottom line is that Interior is not moving forward with leasing to provide for America's energy future, which would also create thousands of jobs for Americans and generate billions of dollars in government revenue.
Interior's attack on the veracity of Mr. Gerard's comments is pure dissimulation. It fails to address Mr. Gerard's point that leased acreage plunged in 2009 and concedes that lease revenues collapsed by more than 90 percent during the first year of this Interior Department.
As an industry that supports more than 9.2 million American jobs, we stand ready to work with the department to create more energy and more jobs."
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident