Update on the Industry's Task Forces
Jane Van Ryan
Posted May 11, 2010
As we've explained on this blog, API and its member companies have developed dozens of standards and best practices on offshore energy development. The oil and natural industry takes seriously its responsibility to produce energy safely and to protect the environment, and many of the industry's standards and best practices address these critically important issues.
In recent days, the industry also formed two task forces to review 1) offshore equipment and technology, as well as 2) offshore operating procedures.
For more information about the task forces and their work, read the API-issued news release from this afternoon.
About The Author
- Blogger Conference Call - Oil Sands Development and the Keystone XL
- Blogger Conference Call - ExxonMobil Earnings and Taxes
- Blogger Conference Call - Industry Earnings and Public Pension Plan Ownership
- ETR 130 - The Oil and Natural Gas Industry's Contribution to State Pension Plans
- Keystone Pipeline: The Sooner, the Better
- Capping Stack: A Positive Outcome from a Tragic Accident