Video: New Mexico Rally for Jobs
Posted September 13, 2010
There's a lot to like about Farmington, New Mexico. With a nice airport, rugged scenery in the Four Corners region, and a population of 46,000, it is a nice place to visit. But some of the city's residents are having a difficult time these days. The official unemployment rate in August was 10.4 percent.
Rallies for Jobs were held in five states in early September. More information is available here.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Sommers: Industry Providing Leadership on America’s Key Challenges
- Responding to the Colonial Cyber Attack – and Industry’s Continuing Focus on Security
- IOSC 2021 – Working Together for Safety, Success, Sustainability
- Infrastructure Pivotal for Vital U.S.-Canada Energy Relationship
- World Bank: U.S. Leads in Global Flaring Reduction
- Using CCUS and Other Technologies to Reduce GHG Emissions
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter