Video: New Mexico Rally for Jobs
Posted September 13, 2010
There's a lot to like about Farmington, New Mexico. With a nice airport, rugged scenery in the Four Corners region, and a population of 46,000, it is a nice place to visit. But some of the city's residents are having a difficult time these days. The official unemployment rate in August was 10.4 percent.
Rallies for Jobs were held in five states in early September. More information is available here.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- Natural Gas and 'Clean Energy Week'
- No Laughing Matter: E15 Still Poses Risks for Motorcyclists
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles