Video: Being a Good Neighbor
Posted October 28, 2011
Here's another video from API's hydraulic fracturing workshop earlier this month. Anadarko Petroleum's Rebecca Thingelstad discusses HF-3, from the standards and industry guidelines developed by API and its members. HF-3 helps companies that are producing natural gas from shale to foster good relations with host communities.
Subjects addressed in the guideline include positive engagement of residents and local officials, protecting the air, reducing noise, preventing spills and managing water resources used in fracking. "HF-3 is kind of a cumulative look, it's a holistic approach at being good stewards and good neighbors," Thinglestad says. Take a look:
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity