American Energy Works: Richelle
Posted August 13, 2012
Richelle’s administrative position with Anadarko Petroleum has helped lift her family, providing additional income and health care benefits as her husband launched his own contracting business. The former stay-at-home mom is realizing greater benefits as her career in the oil and natural gas industry grows:
“I’m going back to school to get my bachelor’s, which I didn’t have the opportunity before – the time or the money. It’s given me confidence to further myself and to know that I have an important part in my company and my state’s future energy development.”
Here’s Richelle’s video:
Visit American Energy Works.org for more videos and information about the people of the oil and gas industry, who are working to develop the energy that will help secure all our futures.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- The Common Ground of Emissions Reduction
- CERAWeek: Sommers Talks Cooperation, Jobs and Energy Security
- In U.S. Rep. Haaland, There’s Common Ground for a Working Relationship
- Explaining Texas: Frigid Conditions Tax All Parts of Energy System
- Pipeline Infrastructure as a Bipartisan Issue
- Consumer Choice Takes a Back Seat in Federal Push for Electric Vehicles
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter