American Energy Works: Vanessa
Posted August 20, 2012
As a senior landman for Samson Resources, Vanessa works with Bureau of Land Management officials to secure permits for oil and natural gas drilling on federal lands in southwest Wyoming. She’s been at it 25 years.
“I love my job. It’s a fantastic career for women...We get a lot of responsibility. I’ve grown so much.”
Visit American Energy Works.org for more videos and information about the people of the oil and gas industry, who’re benefiting from the opportunity that’s abundant in a growing sector of the economy.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- The Common Ground of Emissions Reduction
- CERAWeek: Sommers Talks Cooperation, Jobs and Energy Security
- In U.S. Rep. Haaland, There’s Common Ground for a Working Relationship
- Explaining Texas: Frigid Conditions Tax All Parts of Energy System
- Pipeline Infrastructure as a Bipartisan Issue
- Consumer Choice Takes a Back Seat in Federal Push for Electric Vehicles
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter