American Energy Works: Vanessa
Posted August 20, 2012
As a senior landman for Samson Resources, Vanessa works with Bureau of Land Management officials to secure permits for oil and natural gas drilling on federal lands in southwest Wyoming. She’s been at it 25 years.
“I love my job. It’s a fantastic career for women...We get a lot of responsibility. I’ve grown so much.”
Visit American Energy Works.org for more videos and information about the people of the oil and gas industry, who’re benefiting from the opportunity that’s abundant in a growing sector of the economy.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Natural Gas is Integral in Path to Sustainable Future
- Banning Energy Development Would Devastate Louisiana
- ‘Joe Biden Will Not Ban Fracking’
- DOE Report Shows There's Much to Lose With Bad Energy Policies
- Q&A: Linking Environmental, Social and Governance to Strong Performance
- Natural Gas Integral to Progress in Reducing CO2 Emissions
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter