Live Event: 'Energy and the Economy'
Posted October 25, 2012
Check out today's Vote 4 Energy event, "Energy and the Economy," beginning at 9 a.m., here.
Discussion will center on energy's role in job creation, economic growth and its importance as an election-year issue. A new IHS Global study on America's vast reserves of unconventional oil and natural gas, which projects $5.1 trillion in cumulative capital spending by industry and 3.5 million jobs supported by 2035, will also be discussed.
The event is hosted by API.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- Denver Post Editorial: No on Proposition 112
- U.S.-Canada-Mexico Agreement Supports U.S. Energy
- Reconsider a Bad Deal on the RFS
- Natural Gas and 'Clean Energy Week'
- No Laughing Matter: E15 Still Poses Risks for Motorcyclists
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry