Live Event: 'Energy and the Economy'
Posted October 25, 2012
Check out today's Vote 4 Energy event, "Energy and the Economy," beginning at 9 a.m., here.
Discussion will center on energy's role in job creation, economic growth and its importance as an election-year issue. A new IHS Global study on America's vast reserves of unconventional oil and natural gas, which projects $5.1 trillion in cumulative capital spending by industry and 3.5 million jobs supported by 2035, will also be discussed.
The event is hosted by API.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and five grandchildren.
- Natural Gas and the Primacy of Serving Consumers
- The Case for Permanent LWCF Funding – In Pictures and Words
- Bringing NEPA Into 21st Century Will Advance U.S. Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Crossroads: Energy Future Depends on Building Safe, Modern Pipelines
- Study Shows Natural Gas' Vital Role in Reducing Global Emissions
- Challenges to U.S. Energy Infrastructure Challenge U.S. Energy Leadership
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter