Keystone XL Pipeline: ‘It’s Ready to Go’
Posted May 8, 2013
The folks at Oil Sands Fact Check have a new video that shows strong support for the Keystone XL pipeline from union members at a recent rally in Washington:
“The Keystone XL pipeline does not require an act of Congress; it does not require an appropriation. It’s privately funded, it’s ready to go. All it needs is one last permit and we go to work.”
– Sean McGarvey, president, Building and Construction Trades Department (AFL-CIO)
“It’s about jobs; that’s what it’s about – put Americans back to work again in an industry that has a 14.7 percent unemployment rate. It’s good for our economy, it’s good for our country; it’s good for our energy independence and it’s good for working men and women in the building trades.”
– Terry O’Sullivan, general president, Laborers’ International Union of North America
“And those pipelines coming down from Canada down through America, those are nothing but jobs so it means a lot to me.”
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- Denver Post Editorial: No on Proposition 112
- U.S.-Canada-Mexico Agreement Supports U.S. Energy
- Reconsider a Bad Deal on the RFS
- Natural Gas and 'Clean Energy Week'
- No Laughing Matter: E15 Still Poses Risks for Motorcyclists
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry