Energy Today – August 23, 2013
Posted August 23, 2013
The Resurgence of American Exports: Manufacturing and Natural Gas
Fuel Fix Blog (William O'Keefe): The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has just released a report, “Behind the American Export Surge,” which explores the recent resurgence in US manufacturing. While BCG goes into some detail in explaining the reversal in the decline of domestic manufacturing, it has been driven by two basic causes, a more attractive investment climate and the widespread availability of low cost energy as a result of booming domestic shale gas production and natural gas development. But perhaps the single most important conclusion drawn from the study is this: there is enough domestic shale gas to fuel an American manufacturing resurgence and to export abroad.
High-volume hydraulic fracturing natural gas development has made increased production of shale gas and oil economically attractive. With increased production of natural gas, the price according to BCG has declined 51% since 2005. And, technology is projected to result in further lowering production costs. This is a big advantage over our competitors that have natural gas prices that are 2.6 to 3.8 times greater than our domestic prices in America.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1dzV5wt
More industry news:
- Will Washington Politics Kills the U.S. Energy Revival? http://onforb.es/13IGm0i
- When It Comes to Regulating Fracking, States Know Best: http://freepri.se/150ogRK
- Eagle Ford Crude production Jumps Over Year: http://bit.ly/19CjHSP
- Time for Keystone, Please! http://bit.ly/1d9K8E8
- Fracking in Ohio’s Utica Shale: http://bit.ly/1c19srO
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible