Abundant Energy Means New Economic Opportunities for America
Posted September 11, 2013
Obama Administration Allows More natural Gas Exports
Fuel Fix Blog: The Obama administration on Wednesday authorized a fourth company to broadly export U.S. natural gas, giving Dominion conditional approval to sell the fossil fuel abroad after processing it at a Maryland facility.
The Energy Department’s decision means that as long as it secures other required permits, Dominion Cove Point will be able to sell as much as 770 million cubic feet of natural gas per day for the next 20 years to Japan and other countries that do not have free-trade agreements with the United States.
With the Dominion Cove Point decision, the Obama administration has now authorized 6.37 billion cubic feet of liquefied natural gas to be sold to non-free-trade nations.
Read more: http://bit.ly/17QBo0W
More industry news:
- The Quiet Revolution Behind Your Light Switch: http://huff.to/17QAdyo
- Federal Fracking Rules Should Not Include ND, Sens. Heitkamp, Hoeven say: http://bit.ly/18cIXkH
- LTE: Fracking a Good Option for Upstate NY: http://bit.ly/1g148oB
- Pure Energy: The Domestic Revolution in Progress, Part 1: http://onforb.es/1eiAL5K
- After 5+ years of a Fracking Moratorium, Natural Gas Development Leaving NY Behind: http://buswk.co/14FZ5ds
- Valero Asks Obama Admin to Waive Ethanol Mandate: http://bloom.bg/15kCFgn
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter