America’s Surging Oil and Natural Gas Industry Changing Global Energy Landscape
Posted September 12, 2013
Fracking Moves U.S. Crude Output to Highest Level Since 1989
Bloomberg News: U.S. oil production jumped last week to the highest level since May 1989, cutting consumption of foreign fuel and putting the U.S. closer to energy independence.
Drilling techniques including hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, pushed crude output up by 124,000 barrels, or 1.6 percent, to 7.745 million barrels a day in the seven days ended Sept. 6, the Energy Information Administration said today.
Rising crude supplies from fields including North Dakota’s Bakken shale and the Eagle Ford in Texas have helped the U.S. become the world’s largest exporter of refined fuels including gasoline and diesel. Texas pumped 2.575 million barrels a day in June, according to the EIA, enough to rank it ahead of seven members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
Read more: http://bloom.bg/15Tv3Ol
More industry news:
- New North American Oil Production Eases Global Supply Concerns, Says IEA: http://bit.ly/18TS4mk
- Unlimited Possibilities Exist for Women in Energy Industry: http://bit.ly/15V5Edd
- Alaska, Major LNG Financier in Japan Sign Agreement: http://bit.ly/18XGlC9
- Project Gets Hydraulic Fracturing Permit in Michigan: http://bit.ly/15nFcq0
- DOE Approves Proposal to Export LNG from Dominion Facility: http://n.pr/1d8CE0A
- A look at How Colorado’s Oil and Natural Gas Industry is Benefitting the State’s Economy: http://bit.ly/16nPTsK
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible