Hydraulic Fracturing, Keystone XL Boost America’s Energy Potential
Posted September 13, 2013
Texas Oil Production Could Outpace Iran, Iran and Kuwait in a Few Years
International Business Times: Texas oil production continues to surge as the fracking boom frees up previously unreachable oil, and a recent report finds that if the state were an independent country, it would rank 10th overall in production, according to the American Enterprise Institute.
Based on international oil production numbers released by the Energy Information Administration, the current pace of annual increase in Texas was 30 percent or more, indicating production could surpass 3 million barrels per day by early 2014 and reach 4 million barrels per day by 2015.
In 2010 Texas, if it were its own separate country, would have been the 20th largest oil-producing country in the world. The rapid increase in oil output over the past few years is attributed to the extraction of unconventional shale oil in the U.S.
Read more: http://bit.ly/18WXvRL
More industry news:
- Misguided Tax Reform Would Hurt Oil Industry, Economy: http://bit.ly/162V2lM
- Don’t Derail Michigan’s Fracking Potential: http://bit.ly/162VfFB
- Hydraulic Fracturing Helps Boost Oil Production Numbers in Kansas, Nationwide: http://bit.ly/162VhgG
- IEA: U.S. to Overtake Russia as World’s Largest Liquid Fuels Producer: http://reut.rs/14SpC23
- Natgas Exports Become the Next Step in U.S. Energy Evolution: http://cnb.cx/18c6LPA
- Hoeven: Keystone XL in America’s Best Interest: http://bit.ly/162FCii
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible