Unconventional Oil and Natural Gas Is Fueling Growth in America
Posted September 23, 2013
Manage Risk, Reap Reward: With Good Rules, Fracking for Natural Gas and Oil Can Be Safe, Profitable
The Columbus Dispatch: When a former U.S. energy secretary tells a Columbus audience that hydraulic fracturing to extract oil and natural gas from shale formations can be done in a clean, safe way, that it’s all a matter of fixing errors in the process, that should inspire confidence.
And that’s obviously great news for Ohio, which has started to benefit economically from advances in this extraction process. Because of the newly accessible supply of natural gas, consumers have seen the cost come down after spiking in 2008, and prices could stay in the current range for decades.
Steven Chu, energy secretary under President Barack Obama from 2009 until this past April and now a Stanford University physics professor, was the keynote speaker on Tuesday at a conference by America’s Natural Gas Alliance. He called it a “false choice” to say that the U.S. has to choose between the environment and inexpensive natural gas.
Read more: http://bit.ly/16tlbKE
More industry news:
- Economists Credit the Eagle Ford Shale as the Catalyst for Development in Victoria, Texas: http://bit.ly/1dEfa3V
- Study Predicts Manufacturing Renaissance: http://bit.ly/1fuQ2yv
- Oil and Natural Gas Creating Jobs in West Virginia: http://bit.ly/1dEeOdx
- Natural Gas Surge Sends U.S. Shipyards Into Overdrive: http://bit.ly/16mjaqq
- Perspective on Colorado’s Floods and Oil and Natural Gas Development: http://onforb.es/18ljxzp
- No ‘Incredibly Small’ Wars Against Energy by Obama: http://bit.ly/16C7eLj
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible