Resurgent U.S. Oil, Natural Gas Reblancing Global Energy Order
Posted October 3, 2013
U.S. Overtaking Russia as Largest Oil and Natural Gas Producer
Wall Street Journal: The U.S. is overtaking Russia as the world's largest producer of oil and natural gas, a startling shift that is reshaping markets and eroding the clout of traditional energy-rich nations.
U.S. energy output has been surging in recent years, a comeback fueled by shale-rock formations of oil and natural gas that was unimaginable a decade ago. A Wall Street Journal analysis of global data shows that the U.S. is on track to pass Russia as the world's largest producer of oil and gas combined this year—if it hasn't already.
The U.S. ascendance comes as Russia has struggled to maintain its energy output and has yet to embrace technologies such as hydraulic fracturing that have boosted American reserves.
Read more: http://on.wsj.com/1g4yqJZ
More industry news:
- Texas Petroleum Index Up Again in August: http://bit.ly/GBe79V
- Expert: U.S. Gas Revolution Threatens Russian Economic Growth: http://bit.ly/18UExve
- The Best Place to Be for Natural Gas Growth: http://bit.ly/15L1XGA
- An Energy Boom That Could Last: http://ti.me/15L1N1Y
- Philly Officials Celebrate Opening of Fuel Transport Facility: http://cbsloc.al/1aP2eqa
- Carbon-Capture Plant Breaks Ground at San Antonio Cement Plant: http://bit.ly/19Xxp00
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible