Shale Development is Reshaping America’s Energy Industry for the Better
Posted October 10, 2013
U.S. Poised to Pass Russia as World’s Largest Petroleum Producer – and the Bakken is Helping Make That Happen
Dickinson Press: The U.S. is poised to pass Russia as the world’s top oil and gas producer, according to a new report, and North Dakota’s congressional delegation said they believe it is largely due to the state’s Bakken energy play.
Citing U.S. Energy Information Administration and International Energy Agency numbers, the Wall Street Journal reported last week that the U.S. is poised to overtake its former Cold War rival in the production of oil and natural gas sometime later this year.
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., on Wednesday joined Sen. John Hoeven, R-N.D., and Rep. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., in citing North Dakota’s booming Bakken shale play — which also spills over into Montana and the Canadian province of Saskatchewan — as a key contributing factor.
Read more: http://bit.ly/GIcFSK
More industry news:
- Airline, Allegheny County Discuss Adding International Service Thanks to Marcellus Shale Development: http://bit.ly/1g30XC8
- Northeast’s Natural Gas Surge is Reshaping U.S. Energy Industry: http://on.mktw.net/19Cxw0h
- Shale Industry Development Creating Excitement in Mon Valley, Pa.: http://bit.ly/19mu7F5
- Obama EPA Debunks Activists Who Played Politics with Tragic Colorado Floods: http://bit.ly/GPIwBo
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible