More Hydraulic Fracturing Means a More Secure America
Posted October 17, 2013
U.S. is the World’s Largest Producer of Natural Gas – Here’s What That Means
NPR: Natural gas production in the U.S. is going through the roof. The U.S. now produces more natural gas than any country on Earth, according to a recent report from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is largely due to fracking, the controversial method for using pressurized fluids to break up rocks to get at the natural gas below. Over the past few years, fracking has had a huge effect on energy in America. Here's how.
Read more: http://n.pr/H6tGpA
More industry news:
- Opportunities Abound in the Marcellus Shale, If We’re Smart: http://bit.ly/15LrNYE
- California’s Top Oil Regulator on Fracking, Climate Change, and Fossil Fuels: http://bit.ly/15M9Zg9
- Texas Production Could Double by 2020, Industry Regulator Says: http://bit.ly/H3TUtz
- Asian Investors, LNG Buyers Look to N. America as Australia Taps Out: http://reut.rs/1cZKo84
- Municipal Fracking Bans in Colorado Should be Voted Down: http://bit.ly/H6uvi1
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible