America’s Shale Revolution is Providing Economic Lift
Posted October 29, 2013
Op-ed: Exports Bring Myriad Benefits
Houston Chronicle (James Clad): After the Arab oil embargo of 1973, America's energy dependence became the most obvious flaw in our superpower status.
Now, thanks largely to the shale revolution, domestic U.S. oil production is pushing imports to a 25-year low, holding down global prices despite Asian demand and Middle East/North Africa supply disruptions.
While the U.S. seems set to displace Saudi Arabia as the largest oil producer by 2020, our natural gas production has lifted our geopolitical gravitas. Now the world's largest natural gas producer, the U.S. is poised to take a growing profile as a gas exporter.
Read more: http://bit.ly/18zur0R
More industry news:
- Michigan Cities Could Reap Riches from Natural Gas Drilling: http://bit.ly/16Jczkg
- In Fracking, West Virginia Sees a Second Chance: http://bit.ly/1bzHhiL
- Shale-Related Project List Tops $12B in Ohio – ‘Just the Tip of the Iceberg’: http://bit.ly/16JcDRa
- New Waves of Seismic Technology Yield Big Oil Finds: http://bit.ly/16I0UI1
- AAA Wants Washington to Ease Ethanol Mandate: http://on.wsj.com/1cpoU57
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter