Energy Policies Needed to Match Energy Realities
Posted November 1, 2013
Lawmakers Urge EPA to Change Fuel Mandate
The Hill: More than 100 lawmakers are calling on Environmental Protection Agency chief Gina McCarthy to reduce the amount of ethanol that oil refiners must blend into gasoline next year.
Signed by 169 House members, the letter sent to McCarthy on Thursday urged the EPA to lower the renewable fuel standard (RFS), arguing the current mandate is unrealistic.
"Whether it’s increasing amounts of ethanol in fuel or higher food and feed prices, the RFS continues to negatively impact American consumers and the economy," Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) said in a statement.
"The demands of the current RFS are unrealistic and are causing great uncertainty. As the blendwall approaches, it is clear that this flawed policy is not working," Goodlatte said.
"The growing support from Members of Congress from across the nation and a diverse coalition of outside groups makes it clear that we must consider real legislative reforms to this mandate. In the meantime, I urge Administrator McCarthy to take immediate action to provide much needed relief from the RFS."
Read more: http://bit.ly/16OmU42
More industry news:
- Natural Gas Use Plays Role in Slowing of Global CO2 Emissions: http://bbc.in/16OMsZx
- Moniz Sees U.S. LNG Exports to Japan in “Few Years”: http://bit.ly/16sI1qb
- Marcellus Shale Gas Growing Faster Than Expected: http://bit.ly/181fo0v
- New Oil Sands Projects to Produce 260,000 BPD: http://bit.ly/1dUz1Pf
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity