Hydraulic Fracturing Writing an American Economic Success Story
Posted December 11, 2013
Remember the Energy Crisis? Fracking Fixed It
Newsday (Paul Greenberg): Energy Crises used to come as regularly as flu seasons, some years or whole eras worse than others. Let's see, there was the Energy Crisis of 1973 and of 1979 and of the years in between and after ... till the whole era, aka the Carter Years, might as well have been one long Energy Crisis.
Why? Largely because each successive wave of shortages was only aggravated by government-supplied remedies that were going to cure them -- from price controls to tighter regulations on the oil industry and on a once free market.
Daniel Yergin is one of the more prescient students of the oil industry, and of the American economy in general. He's one expert whose analyses have proven so reliable over the years that they almost restore the once assuring connotations of the word Expertise, which has acquired a suspect sound over the years. And no wonder. One after another, the experts' "solutions" for the Energy Crisis did nothing but make it worse.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1bEvJNC
More industry news:
- Fracking Pushes U.S. Oil Output to Highest Level in 25 Years: http://buswk.co/18mpK0J
- U.S. Natural Gas Production at Multiyear High in November: http://on.wsj.com/1aVNT97
- A Marcellus Natural-Gas Bonanza: http://bit.ly/1dqBjSn
- Heating Oil Customers and Motorists to Benefit from U.S. Fracking Boom: http://bit.ly/1aVNd3G
- California Poised for Oil Boom: http://bit.ly/19hUjDy
- Danger of Overregulating Fracking: http://bit.ly/1kAch5D
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible