Awash in American Energy
Posted December 16, 2013
U.S. Says Golden Age of Natural Gas is Here to Stay
Forbes: A golden age of natural gas has begun in the United States and it will last for decades, according to an early release of the U.S. Energy Information Administration’s 2014 Annual Energy Outlook.
The report forecasts a fracking-induced surge sustained in energy production through 2040, which will keep carbon emissions below 2005 levels for decades.
Natural gas production will rise a staggering 56% from 2012 to 2040, when production is forecast to reach 37.6 trillion cubic feet (Tcf).
Similarly, crude oil production is projected to rise annually for almost a decade. In 2020, oil production will plateau slightly below production levels in 1970 and will gradually decline over the decade that follows.
More industry news:
- Increased Tight Oil Production, Vehicle Efficiency Reduce Petroleum and Liquid Imports: http://1.usa.gov/JsN817
- Exporting American Oil: http://on.wsj.com/1kPxWHe
- Marcellus Shale Drilling Becomes More Efficient: http://bit.ly/1cMNHO6
- The Shale Energy Revolution in North America is Changing the World: http://bit.ly/1bbeeAf
- Mexico’s Global Gusher: Why a Historic Energy Reform Will be Felt from Brazil to China: http://atfp.co/JsP9dC
- North Dakota Crude Oil Gurgles Toward 1 Million Barrels Per Day: http://strib.mn/19NSRFn
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible