Wishing You the Best This Holiday Season
Posted December 24, 2013
Christmas in the Bakken: North Dakota City Sees Growth from Fracking
Fox News: It’s Christmas in Boomtown.
Williston, N.D., is ground zero in America's energy renaissance, with six-figure salaries the norm and stunning prosperity that extends from the oil and gas derricks to the construction, sales and service industries. But for much of the burgeoning population that has converged on Williston and other towns on the Bakken Formation, Christmas will be spent where the jobs, not the loved ones, are.
Not so for Sherri Knapp and Elijah Moyo, who are reunited this year as Moyo settles in to his lucrative new life as a crane operator. Knapp has traveled north from Florida to join her husband as they make their new home in prosperous Williston.
“It’s wonderful. Things are a lot better,” Knapp told FoxNews.com. “Last year he came home two weeks before the holiday, but this year we will be together on Christmas.”
Read more: http://fxn.ws/1ifVvfl
More industry news:
- Don’t Let Protectionism Strangle America’s Energy Renaissance: http://bit.ly/19nxJeP
- Hydraulic Fracturing Reduces Threat of Texas Drought, Researchers Say: http://bit.ly/1dAY5XC
- Editorial: What about Jobs and Keystone XL? http://bit.ly/1e8VUuS
- Canadian Panel OKs Oil Pipeline to Pacific, Pressuring US on Keystone: http://bit.ly/K0723K
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter