Choose Energy: ‘Let’s Build An Energy Superpower’
Posted January 13, 2014
The United States is the world’s leading producer of natural gas, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. As early as next year, the U.S. could be No. 1 in oil output as well, estimates the International Energy Agency. We’re on the verge of energy superpower status – dependent on policy choices that will help boost domestic oil and natural gas development, a point underscored in one of API’s newest ads:
It’s about choosing energy – choosing to develop more energy right here at home. Read more at ChooseEnergy.org.
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Natural Gas, Climate Progress and the Workforce of the Future
- API 3D Printing Standard is First of Its Kind for Natural Gas and Oil Industry
- Energy Costs, Consumers and Increasing U.S. Production to Help Demand-Supply Mismatch
- Natural Gas and Oil – Today and Tomorrow
- U.S. Must Learn From Europe’s Energy Struggles, Not Repeat Them
- Front Burner: Foes of Natural Gas Focus on Stoves, Furnaces in New Buildings