Jobs, Economic Growth, Innovation: American Energy is Crushing It
Posted March 18, 2014
Colorado Breaks Nearly 60-Year Record for Oil Production
Denver Business Journal: Colorado’s booming energy industry produced nearly 63.2 million barrels of crude oil in 2013, a new state record for annual oil production, according to a Denver Business Journal review of records from the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC), which oversees the multi-billion dollar industry.
That’s a 28 percent jump from 2012, when the state’s oil and gas wells produced nearly 49.3 million barrels of oil, according to COGCC records.
Preliminary tallies on the COGCC’s website Monday indicated that the state produced 63,190,804 barrels of oil during 2013.
That breaks a record that’s stood for nearly 60 years, since 1956, when Colorado’s oil and gas wells produced nearly 62 million barrels of oil — specifically 61,995,000 barrels, according to COGCC records.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1gDh2wJ
More industry news:
- Petroleum Engineering Tops List of Highest Salaries for 2013 College Grad: http://on.wsj.com/1gDgTth
- Fracking: The Surprising New Proving Ground for Water Technologies: http://bit.ly/OyXVcL
- Bill Richardson: Our Best Response to Russia is Energy Security: http://ti.me/OttR2t
- Hotels, Campgrounds Feel the Shale Boom: http://bit.ly/1j1JIib
- Report: Efficiency Driving Shale Production Growth: http://bit.ly/1gL7P1T
- Oil-Rich North Dakota Tries to Woo Workers for Thousands of Empty Jobs: http://bit.ly/1ehlT60
- Ohio Expects 19,000 Utica Wells the Next 19 Years: http://bit.ly/1lLHTHM
About The Author
Mary Schaper is a Digital Communications Manager for the American Petroleum Institute. She previously worked on Capitol Hill for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee as Digital Director and for Senator Lisa Murkowski. Before coming to D.C., she spearheaded digital strategy for Murkowski's successful Senate write-in campaign in 2010. Schaper enjoys traveling and taking in the local culture alongside her husband, their son and loyal springer spaniel.
- Natural Gas, Our Air and Our Modern Lifestyles
- Hoops - Higher, Faster, Better Thanks to Energy
- Shifting Into Drive, Powering Past Impossible
- ‘Power Past Impossible’ Hits New York’s Times Square
- Supporting the Greater Good in Our Communities
- Natural Gas, Oil and Animal Orthotics: Making the Impossible Possible