U.S. Energy Means Security, Jobs, Investments
Posted April 3, 2014
How American Energy Could Change the World
BBC: The holy grail of American leaders over the past four decades, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama, has been energy independence, and thanks to shale oil and gas, the dream could soon become reality.
The International Energy Agency (IEA) and oil giant BP certainly think so - they believe the US will be energy independent by 2035.
As Mr Obama said in his State of the Union address last year: "After years of talking about it, we are finally poised to control our own energy future."
No one is suggesting America will stop importing power overnight, but being largely self-sufficient in energy could have widespread implications not just for the US, but for the rest of the world.
Read more: http://bbc.in/1kuYGxP
Other Industry News:
- Report: 2014 Bakken Oil Output 1.1M Barrels a Day: http://wapo.st/1hEkQhW
- Sen. Murkowski says U.S. Office Can Lift Part of Oil Export Ban: http://reut.rs/1gqyMrb
- Ohio Officials View Fracking Positively, Survey Finds: http://bit.ly/1dUSr7T
- Oklahoma AG Questions Need for Latest EPA Fracking Review: http://bit.ly/1eekOsv
- Ohio Oil and Natural Gas Investment Nears $19B Mark: http://bit.ly/1ou4Ynl
- Affordable Shale Gas Leading to Chemicals Renaissance: http://bit.ly/1otZx7Z
- Britain Confronts Natural Gas Mother Lode with Fracking by Lord Browne: http://bloom.bg/1fzPbxb
- LTE: On Fracking, Look to Wyoming: http://bit.ly/1dUYh9d
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity