Energy Exports – America’s Opportunities
Posted April 4, 2014
Opponents of Natural Gas Exports Have It All Wrong
WSJ MarketWatch (Furchtgott-Roth): Americans opposed to the export of U.S. natural gas give many reasons for their position. But almost all of them are wrong.
The problem is that people underestimate the amount of this country’s natural gas and the potential effect exports could have on the world market.
Russia has swallowed parts of Georgia and Ukraine. No one is proposing that America send soldiers to defend those countries, even though we guaranteed Ukraine’s sovereignty in 1994 under the Budapest Memorandum. Instead, we can help our allies by diminishing Russia’s economic power over them. And that power rests on oil and gas.
Read more: http://on.mktw.net/1hc296C
Other Industry News:
- LNG Exports Will Help Small Businesses: http://bit.ly/1hnDqWX
- Industry Steps Up Calls for Oil Exports: http://bit.ly/1hc3HNT
- New Mexico Oil-Patch City Among Fastest-Growing ‘Micropolitan’ Areas: http://bit.ly/1efnaau
- Keystone XL Touted as Key Factor in Energy Security: http://bit.ly/1janWde
- New York Times LTE: Canada’s Oil Sands: http://nyti.ms/1oxIcuL
- Niobrara Oil Seen as Savior for Western Refiners: http://bloom.bg/1fRGvPr
- NY Landowner Exiled by Governor’s Fracking Games: http://bit.ly/OhpKWn
- Video: Montana’s Governor Touts Keystone XL:
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity