Energy Exports, Energy Benefits
Posted May 1, 2015
U.S. to Become Net Exporter of Energy, Experts Say
Ravalli (Mont.) Republic: The nation’s energy future is strong, with oil and natural gas production driving the country closer to becoming a net exporter of energy, the commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission said Wednesday.
Commissioner Norman Bay said the U.S. has ramped up its oil and gas production while slowing domestic demand for petroleum.
Growth of the nation’s electrical consumption has also slowed to 1 percent a year, and coal is playing a smaller role in U.S. power generation.
“In 2009, all that natural gas flooded the market and the share of electricity generated from coal dropped from 50 percent to 45 percent,” Bay said. “Over time, the share of generation by natural gas continues to increase and electricity generated from coal continues to decrease. It’s primarily driven by market forces.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/1DI7EiE
More industry news:
- Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper Joins Call to Allow Exports of U.S. Oil: http://dpo.st/1zkIkDY
- API Welcomes Release of U.S. & Canadian Rail Rules: http://bit.ly/1zzH68p
- Ohio Oil and Natural Gas Expo Draws a Crowd: http://bit.ly/1EABR7h
- North Dakota Overhauls Tax on Oil Producers: http://bit.ly/1EWah7A
- Professor Debunks Claim That Fracking Contaminates Water, Gets Attacked by Peers: http://bit.ly/1Iwgzuj
- European Biofuel Bubble Bursts: http://bit.ly/1JFLRAy
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Mark also was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela live in Occoquan, Va., where they enjoy their four grandchildren.
- E15 and Boaters: Still at Risk of Being Left High and Not So Dry
- As Hurricane Florence Approaches
- EPA, Smarter Regulation and Lowering Emissions
- Maintaining Perspective on Electric Vehicles
- New Ad: E15 Push Puts Consumers at Risk
- Yes, Let’s Talk About How Industry is Advancing Cybersecurity