Energy to Fuel Job Growth, Increase U.S. Security
Posted June 2, 2015
Oil and Gas Energize U.S. Job Market
The Huffington Post (Sean McGarvey): The American job market is the best it's been in six years, according to the latest government data. The jobless rate is below 6 percent for the first time since 2008.
And in 2013, the United States became the world's top producer of oil and natural gas – surpassing Russia and Saudi Arabia.
This U.S. energy boom is creating many new jobs here in America, and it's a leading contributor to American workers' vaulting out of the unemployment line and into the middle class. Our leaders must continue to support domestic energy exploration, which is proving our nation's strongest job-growth engine.
According to the American Petroleum Institute, investments in updating U.S. energy infrastructure alone could generate an estimated $1.14 trillion in capital investments – creating both jobs and energy savings from now until 2025.
Read more: http://huff.to/1eNFezn
More industry news:
- Editorial – Time To Use U.S. Energy as a Foreign Policy Tool: http://bit.ly/1Q47HSc
- AAA – Cheapest Summer Gasoline Prices Since 2009 On the Way: http://bit.ly/1dJM74w
- PA Severance Tax Would Be Higher Than Other Gas-Producing States – Analyst: http://bit.ly/1I9WFnx
- Commentary – The Arctic Myth: http://bit.ly/1HIXpNI
- Opinion – A Message to Gov. Inslee and Mayor Murray: Don’t Mess With Alaska: http://bit.ly/1dcDYop
- Speeches – Shell’s Van Beurden, BP’s Dudley Address World Gas Conference in Paris
About The Author
Mark Green joined API after a career in newspaper journalism, including 16 years as national editorial writer for The Oklahoman in the paper’s Washington bureau. Previously, Mark was a reporter, copy editor and sports editor at an assortment of newspapers. He earned his journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma and master’s in journalism and public affairs from American University. He and his wife Pamela have two grown children and six grandchildren.
- Our Essential Energy Relationship With Canada Underscored by New Study
- 'A Turning Point in the National Climate Debate'
- Positioned for Climate Action
- New Mexico's Leasing Concerns Should Concern Us All
- The Common Ground of Emissions Reduction
- CERAWeek: Sommers Talks Cooperation, Jobs and Energy Security
- job creation
- energy exports
- gasoline prices
- pennsylvania severance tax
- offshore oil drilling
- natural gas benefits
Stay informed: Sign-up for our weekly newsletter