2018 API Storage Tank Conference & Expo
Online Registration has closed, please register onsite
When: October 15, 2018 - October 18, 2018
Where:Hyatt Regency Austin, Austin, Texas
The Annual API Storage Tank Conference provides attendees with new information on tank-related research, latest technologies, and API petroleum standards. This informative conference features multiple panels that will help you understand the requirements to maintain tank integrity while complying with environmental rules.
Co-Located with the API Safe Tank Entry Workshop
Schedule at a Glance
|October 15||October 16||October 17-18|
|API/NFPA Safe Tank Entry Workshop
||API Storage Tank Conference
|STI/API Tank Fundamentals Seminar
|US EPA SPCC Course
|USA EPA FRP Course
Who Should Attend
- Tank, and Valves and Piping Professionals
- Tank owners, managers, or operators
- Experienced storage tank professionals
- Senior tank designer or construction specialist
- Representatives of oil and petrochemical refineries, utilities, pipelines, tank cleaning firms, and others interested in confined spaces and safe tank entry
- Refinery and terminal owners, managers, or operators
- Senior design or construction specialists
2018 Conference Presentations Include:
- The Consequences of Not Knowing What You Don’t Know… On Steroids
- “Who Wrote That?! – A Look Behind the Scenes of the Inspector Certification Program”
- API Upstream to Downstream Tank Standards – Looking Forward (with a Quick Look Back)
- How Much Product in Tanks Do you Need to Manage Hurricane and Storm Risk
- Non-Invasive Monitoring of Floor Condition of Aboveground Storage Tanks using Ultrasonic Guided Waves
- Development of a Wall-Sticking Drone for Non-Destructive ultrasonic Thickness Testing
- Non-Metallic Repair of Storage Tanks & Sparks & the Need for Static Dissipation
- An Inspired Approach to Inspection Methodology for Upstream Production Tanks
- Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor for the Underside of Tank Bottoms: Regulatory Status & Data
- CP After Installation: Retrofit, Replacement, and other Options to Extend Tank Life
- Common Sense Safety: Not So Common Anymore
- A Fresh Look at Behavior Based Safety Management Processes
- Corrosion of Fire Water Tank -An International Approach
- Accuracy of Storage Tank Calibration? Importance, Concerns and Solutions
- Estimating Tank Emissions – What’s Up with Tanks 4.09d and AP-42
- External Floating Roof Drain Sizing and Maintenance – Fundamentals and Pitfalls
- Composition Dependent Vapor Cloud Explosion Methodology by PEMY Consulting
- Modular Storage Alternatives Offer Value to Growing North American Cryogenic Energy Markets
- Introduction to Brittle Fracture and Storage Tank Assessment using Fitness for Services Rules
API Safe Tank Entry Workshop: October 15-16, 2018
- Tank decommissioning, isolation, degassing, safe tank entry, cleaning, return to service, and associated work
- An understanding of atmospheric monitoring, with instruction in the operation, calibration, and maintenance of field instruments that sample and analyze levels of oxygen, gases, and vapors.
- Attendees have the chance to calibrate and use the instruments
NFPA will award 0.7 Continuing Education Units for each day of instruction.
US EPA Courses: October 16, 2018
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) will host two half day presentations on October 16:
Preliminary Program - FRP Course - Available Soon
Preliminary Program - SPCC Course - Available Soon
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: USEPA Facility Response Plan (FRP) Course
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: USEPA SPCC Course
Mark Howard, US EPA OEM will discuss the inspector guidance for the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) regulations (40 CFR part 112). Troy Swackhammer, US EPA OEM will discuss plan requirements for facilities covered by EPA's Facility Response Plan (FRP) regulation (40 CFR part 112). The USEPA will provide an overview of the SPCC guidance and FRP regulations along with examples and explanations helpful in understanding and applying the regulations and amendments. USEPA encourages interested parties to attend, including regulated facilities, SPCC/FRP consultants/planners, and any other persons involved with SPCC and/or FRP complicance. Conference registration required to attend.
API/STI-SPFA Storage Tank Fundamentals Course: October 16, 2018
This course is designed for inspectors, engineers, managers, and regulators who wish to increase their knowledge of storage tank facilities.
Course topics include:
- Consideration for Locating Tanks
- Fundamentals of the Construction of Tanks
- Corrosion Protection
- API 650 Tank Data Sheet Details
- Tank Construction
- Coating Application and Inspections
- Requests for Proposals
- Tank Repairs and Modifications Overview
Fax to 202-682-8222
Deadline for registering your additional staff: 5:00 PM EST, October 1. After this date additional exhibitors must register onsite. Please identify your exhibit staff early!
Note: Use this link to register only after your companies Sponsor/Exhibitor application has been accepted. The registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions October 17-18, exhibit area, and receptions. Note this does not include admission Safe Tank Entry Workshop, Tank Fundamentals, or EPA courses offered October 15-16, 2018. To attend those courses you must pay the full admission fee for those courses. Registration badges are not interchangeable; swapping or sharing of badges is not allowed.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance
|Tuesday, October 16, 2018|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|Wednesday, October 17, 2018|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|6:30 am - 7:30 am||Exhibitor Set-Up (if not set October 24)|
|7:30 am - 6:00 pm||Expo Open, including Welcome Reception 5:00 - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 18, 2018|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:30 am - 3:35 pm||Expo Open|
|3:35 pm - 4:30 pm||Move-Out
All Exhibitors are welcome to attend the Closing Reception
|5:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Closing Reception
Exhibit Booth Information
Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own AV. Electricity will be provided to all exhibitors, as well as free WiFi.
Each exhibitor will be provided a draped 10’ wide x 8' deep exhibit booth (80 square feet). Each booth includes two chairs, garbage can, and a 6' x 30" draped table that can be removed. A company sign will be provided above your booth. One 120 volt electrical outlet will be provided at no charge, as well as complimentary WiFi. Note: Set up outside of the set up times listed above is strictly forbidden. No exhibitor badges or materials will be distributed outside of these times.
Exhibitors wishing to order additional AV services (i.e. renting a monitor) may contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with the in-house AV department.
API has arranged complimentary receiving, storage and delivery to the onsite API office for exhibitor materials. Note: Materials may arrive as early as Tuesday, October 9th, but not before. Exhibitors are kindly asked to consolidate their materials into as few boxes/items as possible. During exhibit set-up hours you may retrieve your materials from the API office. Exhibitors are responsible for their own outbound shipping. Please pack your own return shipping labels.
Please address all boxes/packages as follows:
(Client Name and API)
C/O Hyatt Regency Austin
208 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
Attn: Lara Saracco
(Box ___of ___)
Neither API or Freeman is responsible for outbound shipping. The hotel does not have a business/shipping center. Please pack your own shipping labels. The hotel will take all labeled items over to the loading dock at no charge. Exhibitors are also responsible for calling their carriers and arranging pickup.
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Sheraton Hotel public areas is strictly prohibited.
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours
|MFE Enterprises / MFE Rentals||1|
|Midwest Steel Co. Inc.||3|
|R.B. Mosher Co.||4|
|Smith Tank & Steel, Inc.||5|
|Hempel USA Inc.||8|
|Baker Tank Company / Altech||9|
|Justrite, Engineered Solutions||15|
|Matrix Applied Technologies||16|
|Sweat Energy Services||19|
|PLS Construction, Inc.||21|
|Consolidated Fabrication & Constructors||22|
|Discus Engineered Products||24|
|Zerust Oil & Gas||25|
|Atec Steel, LLC.||27|
|Denso North America||30|
|Emerson Rosemount Tank Guaging||32|
|DJA Inspection Services||36|
|Rain for Rent||38|
|AW Hudson Supply Co., Inc.||39|
|Tank Builders, Inc.
|Rockwool Technical Insulation||45|
|Alliance Tank Service||46|
|Conference Bag with Logo + Booth||Bechtel|
|Conference Lanyard with Logo + Booth||HMT|
|Conference T-Shirt + Booth||Midwest Steel Co. Inc.|
|Conference WIFI + Booth||Allentech|
|Afternoon Breaks Sponsor||Alliance Tank Service|
|Tank Safe Entry Workshop: Oct. 15 - Luncheon + Booth||JT Thorpe|
|Tank Safe Entry Workshop + Courses: Oct. 16 - Luncheon + Booth||Turner Industries|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 17 - Luncheon + Booth||McDermott|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 17 - Networking Reception + Booth||Amerapex|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 18 - Luncheon + Booth||Tank Builders, Inc.|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 18 - Networking Reception + Booth||Consolidated Fabrication and Construction|
208 Barton Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78704
Reservation Deadline: Monday, September 28, 2018 at 5:00 PM Central.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to email@example.com. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.