2018 API Storage Tank Conference & Expo
When: October 15, 2018 - October 18, 2018
Where: Hyatt Regency Austin, Austin, Texas
Preliminary Program - Available Soon
The Annual API Storage Tank Conference provides attendees with new information on tank-related research, latest technologies, and API petroleum standards. This informative conference features multiple panels that will help you understand the requirements to maintain tank integrity while complying with environmental rules.
Co-Located with the API Safe Tank Entry Workshop
Schedule at a Glance
|October 15||October 16||October 17-18|
|API/NFPA Safe Tank Entry Workshop
||API Storage Tank Conference
|STI/API Tank Fundamentals Seminar
|US EPA SPCC Course
|USA EPA FRP Course
Who Should Attend
- Tank, and Valves and Piping Professionals
- Tank owners, managers, or operators
- Experienced storage tank professionals
- Senior tank designer or construction specialist
- Representatives of oil and petrochemical refineries, utilities, pipelines, tank cleaning firms, and others interested in confined spaces and safe tank entry
- Refinery and terminal owners, managers, or operators
- Senior design or construction specialists
Preliminary Program - Available Soon
Past Conference Presentations Include
- EPA AST Regulatory Update
- New Venting Requirements vs. Existing Tanks
- Impact of Inlet and Outlet Piping on Low-Pressure Vent Capacity
- What to Expect (Maybe) from the Updated API 2350
- The Key Relationships Between Industry, Fire Codes, and SPCC Plans
- Hurricanes and Storm Events—Lessons Learned
- Floating Roof Challenge Flag: Why You Should Red Flag Your Floating Roof Repairs
- New Technology: In-Service API 653 Robotic Tank Floor Inspections
- Overlooked Performance Implications for Refrigerated LNG Tanks
- How to Properly Complete the API 650 Data Sheet
- Drones for Storage Tank Inspections and Beyond
- Hot Work Safety - Building Best Practices for Tanks and Piping
- Evaluating Existing Linings for Continued Service - An Owner’s Dilemma
- Firewater Storage: A Proven, Economical Solution may be NEW to You!
- How To Avoid that Sinking Feeling: A Look at Floating Roof Designs and Pitfalls
- API Standards 101
API Safe Tank Entry Workshop: October 15-16, 2018
Attendees learn the basics of ensuring safe tank entry and maintenance.
- Tank decommissioning, isolation, degassing, safe tank entry, cleaning, return to service, and associated work
- An understanding of atmospheric monitoring, with instruction in the operation, calibration, and maintenance of field instruments that sample and analyze levels of oxygen, gases, and vapors.
- Attendees have the chance to calibrate and use the instruments
NFPA will award 0.7 Continuing Education Units for each day of instruction.
US EPA Courses: October 16, 2018
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) will host two half day presentations on October 16:
Preliminary Program - FRP Course - Available Soon
Preliminary Program - SPCC Course - Available Soon
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: USEPA Facility Response Plan (FRP) Course
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: USEPA SPCC Course
Mark Howard, US EPA OEM will discuss the inspector guidance for the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) regulations (40 CFR part 112). Troy Swackhammer, US EPA OEM will discuss plan requirements for facilities covered by EPA's Facility Response Plan (FRP) regulation (40 CFR part 112). The USEPA will provide an overview of the SPCC guidance and FRP regulations along with examples and explanations helpful in understanding and applying the regulations and amendments. USEPA encourages interested parties to attend, including regulated facilities, SPCC/FRP consultants/planners, and any other persons involved with SPCC and/or FRP complicance. Conference registration required to attend.
API/STI-SPFA Storage Tank Fundamentals Course: October 16, 2018
This course is designed for inspectors, engineers, managers, and regulators who wish to increase their knowledge of storage tank facilities.
Course Agenda- Available Soon
Course topics include:
- EPA’s SPCC Rule and the EPA’s inspection process
- New editions of SP001 and SP031
- API Standards Relevant to Terminal Operations and Why You Should Be Aware
- Changing the Service of an Aboveground Tank
- Tank entry and Fall Protection
- Equipment on tanks
- Tank modification case studies
- Tank terms quiz game
Fax to 202-682-8222
Additional Exhibitors can register here .
Deadline for registering your additional staff: 5:00 PM EST, October 1. After this date additional exhibitors must register onsite. Please identify your exhibit staff early!
Note: Use this link to register only after your companies Sponsor/Exhibitor application has been accepted. The registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions October 17-18, exhibit area, and receptions. Note this does not include admission Safe Tank Entry Workshop, Tank Fundamentals, or EPA courses offered October 15-16, 2018. To attend those courses you must pay the full admission fee for those courses. Registration badges are not interchangeable; swapping or sharing of badges is not allowed.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance
|Tuesday, October 16, 2018|
|2:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|Wednesday, October 17, 2018|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|6:30 am - 7:30 am||Exhibitor Set-Up (if not set October 24)|
|7:30 am - 6:00 pm||Expo Open, including Welcome Reception 5:00 - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 18, 2018|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:30 am - 3:45 pm||Expo Open|
|3:45 pm - 9:00 pm||Move-Out
All Exhibitors are welcome to attend the Closing Reception
|5:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Closing Reception
Exhibit Booth Information
Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own AV. Electricity will be provided to all exhibitors, as well as free WiFi.
Each exhibitor will be provided a draped 10’ wide x 8' deep exhibit booth (80 square feet). Each booth includes two chairs and a garbage can. A company sign will be provided above your booth. One 120 volt electrical outlet will be provided at no charge, as well as complimentary WiFi. Note: Set up outside of the set up times listed above is strictly forbidden. No exhibitor badges or materials will be distributed outside of these times.
Exhibitors wishing to order additional AV services (i.e. renting a monitor) may contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with the in-house AV department.
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Sheraton Hotel public areas is strictly prohibited.
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours
|MFE Enterprises / MFE Rentals||1|
|Midwest Steel Co. Inc.||3|
|R.B. Mosher Co.||4|
|Smith Tank & Steel, Inc.||5|
|Hempel USA Inc.||8|
|Baker Tank Company / Altech||9|
|Justrite, Engineered Solutions||15|
|Matrix Applied Technologies||16|
|PLS Construction, Inc.||21|
|Consolidated Fabrication & Constructors||22|
|Discus Engineered Products||24|
|Zerust Oil & Gas||25|
|Atec Steel, LLC.||27|
|Denso North America||30|
|Emerson Rosemount Tank Guaging||32|
|DJA Inspection Services||36|
|Rain for Rent||38|
|AW Hudson Supply Co., Inc.||39|
|Available for Sponsor
|Rockwool Technical Insulation||45|
|Conference Bag with Logo + Booth||Bechtel|
|Conference Lanyard with Logo + Booth||HMT|
|Conference T-Shirt + Booth||Midwest Steel Co. Inc.|
|Conference WIFI + Booth||Allentech|
|Tank Safe Entry Workshop: Oct. 15 - Luncheon + Booth||JT Thorpe|
|Tank Safe Entry Workshop + Courses: Oct. 16 - Luncheon + Booth||Turner Industries|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 17 - Luncheon + Booth||McDermott|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 17 - Networking Reception + Booth||Available|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 18 - Luncheon + Booth||Available|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 18 - Networking Reception + Booth||Consolidated Fabrication and Construction|
208 Barton Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78704
Reservation Deadline: Monday, September 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM Central.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to email@example.com. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.