2019 API Storage Tank Conference & Expo
When: October 14, 2019 - October 17, 2019
Where: Westin Denver Downtown, Denver, Colorado
The Annual API Storage Tank Conference provides attendees with new information on tank-related research, latest technologies, and API petroleum standards. This informative conference features multiple panels that will help you understand the requirements to maintain tank integrity while complying with environmental rules.
Co-Located with the API Safe Tank Entry Workshop
Schedule at a Glance
|October 14||October 15||October 16-17|
|API/NFPA Safe Tank Entry Workshop
||API Storage Tank Conference
|STI/API Tank Fundamentals Seminar
|US EPA SPCC Course
|USA EPA FRP Course
Who Should Attend
- Tank, and Valves and Piping Professionals
- Tank owners, managers, or operators
- Experienced storage tank professionals
- Senior tank designer or construction specialist
- Representatives of oil and petrochemical refineries, utilities, pipelines, tank cleaning firms, and others interested in confined spaces and safe tank entry
- Refinery and terminal owners, managers, or operators
- Senior design or construction specialists
14 PDH (Professional Development Hours) will be provided for Conference attendance.
2019 Conference Presentations Include:
- A Better Mousetrap? A Potential New Application and Innovation to Prevent Overfills
- Fitness for Service Assessment of AST Post-Fire Incident
- Tank Design with Fire in Mind
- Storage Tank Financial Responsibility: How do I Comply?
- Revising the Design of API 650 Wind Loading Provisions
- Stainless Steel Tank Bottoms Providing Both Cost and Corrosion Control
- SSPC-SP1 Disconnect Between Standard and Results
- How API 652 Guidance has Continuing Relevance in a Changing Market
- Trending Toward Thicker Linings – Is it a Good Trend?
- Culture and Process Safety
- Tank Bottoms Resuspension Model
- Can Innovation be a Catalyst for Success in a Prescriptive Regulatory Environment?
- How Far Do We Have to Go to Determine What Regulations and Standards Apply to my Above ground Tanks?
- A Dynamic Look at Design of Upstream Storage Tanks
- Corrosion & Pitting Phenomenon Observed in Newly Built Storage Tanks
- API Tank Standards Update
- Hiring, Training, and Retaining Millennials
- The Importance of Developing a Plan for Inspection of All Your Storage Tanks
- Elements of a Successful Tank Turnaround Management Program
- Update on Content and Completion of New NACE Standard for External Corrosion Control of AST Bottoms
- Finite Element Analysis Success and Pitfalls in Tank Applications
API Safe Tank Entry Workshop: October 14-15, 2019
- Tank decommissioning, isolation, degassing, safe tank entry, cleaning, return to service, and associated work
- An understanding of atmospheric monitoring, with instruction in the operation, calibration, and maintenance of field instruments that sample and analyze levels of oxygen, gases, and vapors.
- Attendees have the chance to calibrate and use the instruments
NFPA will award 0.7 Continuing Education Units for each day of instruction.
US EPA Courses: October 15, 2019
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) will host two half day presentations on October 16:
Preliminary Program - FRP Course - Available Soon
Preliminary Program - SPCC Course - Available Soon
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: USEPA Facility Response Plan (FRP) Course
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: USEPA SPCC Course
Mark Howard, US EPA OEM will discuss the inspector guidance for the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) regulations (40 CFR part 112). Troy Swackhammer, US EPA OEM will discuss plan requirements for facilities covered by EPA's Facility Response Plan (FRP) regulation (40 CFR part 112). The USEPA will provide an overview of the SPCC guidance and FRP regulations along with examples and explanations helpful in understanding and applying the regulations and amendments. USEPA encourages interested parties to attend, including regulated facilities, SPCC/FRP consultants/planners, and any other persons involved with SPCC and/or FRP complicance. Conference registration required to attend.
API/STI-SPFA Field Erected Storage Tank Fundamentals Course: October 15, 2019
The course is designed for operators, inspectors, and engineers who wish to increase their knowledge of field-erected tanks. Topics include considerations for locating and constructing tanks, corrosion protection and inspection of coatings, use of the API 650 Data Sheet and preparing an RFQ, and tank repairs and modifications.
7 PDH (Professional Development Hours) will be provided for course attendance.
Course topics include:
- Consideration for Locating Tanks
- Fundamentals of the Construction of Tanks
- Corrosion Protection
- API 650 Tank Data Sheet Details
- Tank Construction
- Coating Application and Inspections
- Requests for Proposals
- Tank Repairs and Modifications Overview
The 2019 API Storage Tank Conference Exhibit Hall is sold out. Please email email@example.com to be added to a wait list.
Additional Exhibitors may register here.
Deadline for registering your additional staff: 5:00 PM EST, October 2. After this date additional exhibitors must register onsite. Please identify your exhibit staff early!
Note: Use this link to register only after your companies Sponsor/Exhibitor application has been accepted. The registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions October 16-17, exhibit area, and receptions. Note this does not include admission Safe Tank Entry Workshop, Tank Fundamentals, or EPA courses offered October 14-15, 2019. To attend those courses you must pay the full admission fee for those courses. Registration badges are not interchangeable; swapping or sharing of badges is not allowed.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance
|Tuesday, October 15, 2019|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|Wednesday, October 16, 2019|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|6:30 am - 7:30 am||Exhibitor Set-Up (if not set October 24)|
|7:30 am - 6:00 pm||Expo Open, including Welcome Reception 5:00 - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 17, 2019|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:30 am - 3:35 pm||Expo Open|
|3:35 pm - 4:30 pm||Move-Out
All Exhibitors are welcome to attend the Closing Reception
|5:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Closing Reception
Exhibit Booth Information
Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own AV. Electricity will be provided to all exhibitors, as well as free WiFi.
Each exhibitor will be provided a draped 10’ wide x 8' deep exhibit booth (80 square feet). Each booth includes two chairs, garbage can, and a 6' x 30" draped table that can be removed. A company sign will be provided above your booth. One 120 volt electrical outlet will be provided at no charge, as well as complimentary WiFi. Note: Set up outside of the set up times listed above is strictly forbidden. No exhibitor badges or materials will be distributed outside of these times.
Exhibitors wishing to order additional AV services (i.e. renting a monitor) may contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with the in-house AV department.
API has arranged complimentary receiving, storage and delivery to the onsite API office for exhibitor materials. Note: Materials may arrive as early as Tuesday, October 8th, but not before. Exhibitors are kindly asked to consolidate their materials into as few boxes/items as possible. During exhibit set-up hours you may retrieve your materials from the API office. Exhibitors are responsible for their own outbound shipping. Please pack your own return shipping labels.
Please address all boxes/packages as follows:
API Storage Tank Conference
Attn: Name/Company/Booth #
Westin Denver Downtown
1672 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80202
Attn: Booth #
Neither API or Freeman is responsible for outbound shipping. The hotel does not have a business/shipping center. Please pack your own shipping labels. The hotel will take all labeled items over to the loading dock at no charge. Exhibitors are also responsible for calling their carriers and arranging pickup.
Cvent, the provider of our conference app and registration system, is making available hand-held lead retrieval devices for rent to exhibitors. Information captured includes name, title, address, email, and phone number.
The API Storage Tank Conference “Event Code” for LeadCapture is: EEF7160C882D
Additional information, and the link to purchase, is available here.
For additional support, please contact Leadcapture@cvent.com or 703-226-3535.
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Sheraton Hotel public areas is strictly prohibited.
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours
|Conference Bag with Logo + Booth||Bechtel, Oil, Gas & Chemicals|
|Conference Lanyard with Logo + Booth||Consolidated Fabrication and Construction
|Conference T-Shirt + Booth||DJA Inspection Services, Inc.
|Conference WIFI + Booth||Allentech Inc.
|Tank Safe Entry Workshop: Oct. 14 - Luncheon + Booth||Gecko Robotics
|Tank Safe Entry Workshop + Courses: Oct. 15 - Luncheon + Booth||JT Thorpe
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 16 - Luncheon + Booth||R.B. Mosher Co.
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 16 - Networking Reception + Booth||Amerapex Corporation
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 17 - Luncheon + Booth||HMT|
|Storage Tank Conference: Oct. 17 - Networking Reception + Booth||Matrix PDM Engineering
Westin Denver Downtown
1672 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80202
Reservation Deadline: Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM Mountain.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.