2020 Exploration and Production Winter Standards Meeting
Registration Coming Soon
When: January 20, 2020 - January 24, 2020
Where: Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Fort Worth, Texas
Program available late October
The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs. It covers about 550 standards for all segments of the oil and natural gas industry. The breadth of this vital program is an important indication of the varied industry contacts that attendees can make during the sessions and networking opportunities.
Reason for Attending
- You will be able to keep up with the latest ideas and technologies, gain knowledge, and stay technically competent, while helping to keep industry advances rolling out.
- Participate in a proven method of information exchange about problems and opportunities, sharing knowledge with international experts.
- Learn the “story behind the standard” or the reasoning and perspective that let you apply industry specifications with sound judgment.
Questions?Registration: 202-682-8195 and 202-682-8194 or email@example.com
Membership status: 202-682-8475 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149 or email@example.com
Program: David Miller, 202-682-8159 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program: Roland Goodman, 202-682-8571 or email@example.com
Program available late October
The Committee on Standardization of Oilfield Equipment and Materials, CSOEM, is responsible for ~275 standards that form the basis of the API Monogram Program. The technical subcommittees that report to the CSOEM are:
- Subcommittee 2, Offshore Structures
- Subcommittee 5, Tubular Goods
- Subcommittee 6, Valve & Wellhead Equipment
- Subcommittee 8, Drilling Structures
- Subcommittee 10, Well Cements
- Subcommittee 11, Field Operating Equipment
- Subcommittee 13, Drilling, Completion and Fluids
- Subcommittee 15, Fiberglass and Plastic Pipe
- Subcommittee 16, Drilling Well Control Equipment
- Subcommittee 17, Subsea Production Equipment
- Subcommittee 18, Quality
- Subcommittee 19, Completion Equipment
- Subcommittee 20, Supply Chain Management
- Subcommittee 21, Materials
*As not all subcommittees meet at each meeting please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should AttendMembers of API Exploration and Production Standards Committees and Subcommittees. The meeting should also be of interest to:
- Users and manufacturers of oil country tubular goods
- Users and manufacturers of drill-through and well control equipment
- Users and manufacturers of well cement
- Users and manufacturers of drilling Fluids
- Users and manufacturers of drilling and hoisting equipment
- Users and manufacturers of subsea production systems
- Materials engineers
- Quality management system professionals
- Supply chain management and professionals
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration. The cost is free and your sponsored attendee is welcomed at all 2020 API Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored, and accompanied, by a prior API standards meeting participant from the same company. Pre-registration is required. All hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant/attendee. You may only register two sponsored attendees, and on-site registration cannot be accepted for them.
1300 Houston Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Mention the API Winter Standards Meeting, to receive the API group rate.
Reservations questions? If you need additional assistance, please call 800-843-6664 (central reservations). You may also call the hotel directly at 817-535-6664 and ask for in-house reservations if you have difficulty making online reservations or have specific questions.
Reservations Deadline: December 27, 2019 by 5:00 pm, CT, or until room block is sold out.
After this date and time, reservations will be accepted on a space and room type availability basis and at the hotel's best rate available.
Room Guarantee and Reservation Cancellation: A credit card guarantee is required to confirm and hold your reservation. Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to arrival, and a cancellation number must be obtained, or your credit card will be charged for the first night’s room rate.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.