2020 Fall Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting
Event Update, August 28, 2020
Given the uncertainties still facing us, along with world-wide travel restrictions, we have decided that it is in the best interest of our attendees to cancel the in-person, 2020 Fall Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting.The American Petroleum Institute (API) will be presenting the 2020 Fall Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting in a fully, virtual format, which will be open to anyone who wishes to participate. These virtual meetings will be held over two weeks, November 9-13, 200 and November 16-20, 2020. Sponsors and exhibitors will be offered the opportunity to participate and register for a virtual booth. More information will be made available over the next few weeks.
Refining Standards Committees: David Miller, 202-682-8159 or email@example.com; Christopher Hughes, 202-682-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Refining Standards Committee Information: Kierra Beliveau, 202-682-8565, email@example.com
Refining Subcommittee and the API/AFPM Operating Practices Symposium: Andrew Broadbent, 202-682-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistical Information: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149 or email@example.com
Registration: Brittany Ellis, 202-682-8195 or Michael Viola, 202-682-8194 both at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Committee on Refinery Equipment, CRE, is responsible for ~160 standards that form the basis of the API Individual Certification (ICP) and Process Safety Site Assessment (PSSAP) Program. The technical subcommittees that report to the CRE are:
- Subcommittee on Heat Transfer Equipment
- Subcommittee on Mechanical Equipment
- Subcommittee on Piping & Valves
- Subcommittee on Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Subcommittee on Electrical Equipment
- Subcommittee on Pressure Relieving Systems
- Subcommittee on Instrument & Control Systems
- Subcommittee on Refractory Materials
- Subcommittee on Inspection & Mechanical Integrity
- Subcommittee on Corrosion & Materials
- Technical Data Committee – Petroleum Refining
*As not all subcommittees meet at each meeting please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should Attend
Industry professionals in the refining and petrochemical industries such as:
- Operations and engineering managers
- Process unit engineers and specialists
- Refinery equipment specialists
Reason for Attending
- Have access to technical committee meetings covering API standards
- Learn about the latest research and development on refining process equipment, including future R&D efforts
- Obtain the latest information from industry suppliers by visiting their tabletop exhibits.
- Make contacts with your colleagues and establish new business connections.
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration to a new participant from your company. The cost is complimentary, and your sponsored attendee is welcomed to participate in all 2020 API virtual Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored by a prior, API standards meeting participant from your same company. This person must be registered in your registration record at the time you enter your own registration. You may only register two sponsored attendees.
Check the Calendar of Events for updated information on future meetings
Updated sponsorship and exhibitor information and registration details will be available in the next few weeks.