2021 Exploration and Production Winter Standards Meeting
When: January 11, 2021 - January 21, 2021
Where: API Virtual Event
The 2021 Exploration & Production Winter Standards Meeting is being presented as a fully, virtual format, and will be open to anyone who wishes to participate. These virtual meetings will be held over a two-week period, January 11-15, 2021, and January 18-21, 2021. See program schedule for details.
The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs. It covers about 550 standards for all segments of the oil and natural gas industry. The breadth of this vital program is an important indication of the varied industry contacts that attendees can make during the sessions and networking opportunities.
The Committee on Standardization of Oilfield Equipment and Materials, CSOEM, is responsible for ~275 standards that form the basis of the API Monogram Program.
Reason for Attending
Although being held virtually, this meeting remains an invaluable opportunity to be a part of how the U.S. petroleum industry develops and maintains state-of-the-art standards. Here are just some of the benefits of participation:
- You will be able to keep up with the latest ideas and technologies, gain knowledge, and stay technically competent, while helping to keep industry advances rolling out.
- Participate in a proven method of information exchange about problems and opportunities, sharing knowledge with international experts.
- Learn the "story behind the standard" or the reasoning and perspective that let you apply industry specifications with sound judgment.
Monday, January 18 – 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. ET
General Session - "API’s Key Advocacy Goals"
Presenter: Mike Sommers, President, API
Mike Sommers, API’s President and CEO, will share policy and advocacy priorities for the oil and natural gas industry heading into 2021. As Mr. Sommers noted in a recent statement on the incoming administration’s nominees for the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Interior and Department of Energy: “Energy impacts every American and is not a partisan issue – it’s what modern life depends on.”
Join the Meeting via Microsoft Teams Live
Dial-in: +1 253-203-1795; Conference ID: 274 489 993#
Wednesday, January 20 – 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET
Technical Session - "API Energy Excellence"
Presenters: Debra Phillips, SVP, Global Industry Services
Alexa Burr, VP, Standards and Segment Service System Program
Debra Phillips and Alexa Burr will present on API’s new Energy Excellence Program, designed to assist API member companies in accelerating safety and environmental performance while meeting the global demand for affordable, reliable, and cleaner energy.
Join the Meeting via Microsoft Teams Live
Dial-in: +1 253-203-1795; Conference ID: 290 565 529#
Questions?Registration: Brittany Ellis, 202-682-8195, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Viola, 202-682-8193, email@example.com
Logistics: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Miller, 202-682-8159 or email@example.com (CSOEM)
- Roland Goodman, 202-682-8571 or firstname.lastname@example.org (CSOEM, 1104)
- Ben Coco, 202-682-8056, email@example.com (SC2, SC5)
- Katie Burkle, 202-682-8507, firstname.lastname@example.org (SC11, SC18, SC19, SC20, SC21)
- Jacqueline Roueche, 202-682-8286, email@example.com (SC8, SC10, SC13, SC16)
- Ivan Pinto, 202-682-8442, firstname.lastname@example.org (SC6, SC15, SC17)
API Membership status: 202-682-8475 or email@example.com
The Committee on Standardization of Oilfield Equipment and Materials, CSOEM, is responsible for ~275 standards that form the basis of the API Monogram Program. The technical subcommittees that report to the CSOEM are:
- Subcommittee 2, Offshore Structures
- Subcommittee 5, Tubular Goods
- Subcommittee 6, Valve & Wellhead Equipment
- Subcommittee 8, Drilling Structures
- Subcommittee 10, Well Cements
- Subcommittee 11, Field Operating Equipment
- Subcommittee 13, Drilling, Completion and Fluids
- Subcommittee 15, Fiberglass and Plastic Pipe
- Subcommittee 16, Drilling Well Control Equipment
- Subcommittee 17, Subsea Production Equipment
- Subcommittee 18, Quality
- Subcommittee 19, Completion Equipment
- Subcommittee 20, Supply Chain Management
- Subcommittee 21, Materials
*As not all subcommittees meet at each meeting please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should AttendMembers of API Exploration and Production Standards Committees and Subcommittees. The meeting should also be of interest to:
- Users and manufacturers of oil country tubular goods
- Users and manufacturers of drill-through and well control equipment
- Users and manufacturers of well cement
- Users and manufacturers of drilling Fluids
- Users and manufacturers of drilling and hoisting equipment
- Users and manufacturers of subsea production systems
- Materials engineers
- Quality management system professionals
- Supply chain management and professionals
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration to a new participant from your company. The cost is complimentary, and your sponsored attendee is welcomed to participate in all 2021 API virtual Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored by a prior, API standards meeting participant from your same company. This person must be registered in your registration record at the time you enter your own registration. You may only register two sponsored attendees.