2021 API Storage Tank Conference and Expo
When: October 12, 2021 - October 14, 2021
Where: Grand Hyatt Nashville, Nashville, Tennessee
The API Storage Tank Conference has been an annual event since 1995. It is considered the premier, high-level meeting of storage tank professionals, and has a loyal and dedicated attendee base.
This conference is volunteer driven, both at the planning committee and speaker level. We consistently produce a compelling conference program, with a focus on safety, best practices, and innovation. In addition, the conference provides an opportunity for attendees to earn PDH (Professional Development Hours), maintaining their certifications and required hours. The conference also provides the opportunity for networking and idea exchange, with our dedicated sponsors and exhibitors sharing their latest products and services.
Unable to attend in person? Join us by registering for the virtual optionThe 2021 Conference will be presented in two formats; In-person, and simultaneously as a virtual event. We will be using Cvent Attendee Hub, a platform considered as having the best-in-class attendee, speaker, and exhibitor experience. Robust features including messaging and appointment scheduling will be available to both in-person and virtual attendees. Additional information will be made available closer to the event.
Schedule at a Glance
|October 12||October 13-14|
|USA EPA FRP Course
(8 AM - 12 PM)
|API Storage Tank Conference|
|US EPA SPCC Course
(1 PM - 5PM)
|API/STI-SPFA Repair, Inspection, Modification, and
Upgrade of Field Erected Storage Tanks Course
(8 AM - 5 PM)
Who Should Attend
- Tank, and Valves and Piping Professionals
- Tank owners, managers, or operators
- Experienced storage tank professionals
- Senior tank designer or construction specialist
- Representatives of oil and petrochemical refineries, utilities, pipelines, tank cleaning firms, and others interested in confined spaces and safe tank entry
- Refinery and terminal owners, managers, or operators
- Senior design or construction specialists
- Registration: 202-682-8194 or email@example.com
- Logistics or Sponsorship: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program: Godoyj@api.org
14 PDH (Professional Development Hours) will be provided for Conference attendance.Join us this October. Because when people get together, things get done.
Past Conference Presentations Included:
- Keynote: US Energy Markets – Key Trends and Outlook – API Chief Economist
- Tank NATECH and Storm Modelling
- Considerations for Tank Jacking and Moving
- Safety Considerations for Ammonia Storage Tanks
- Have the Right Venting Capacity? Looking at the Latest API 2000 Testing
- Insulation Technology Overview
- How A Series of Devastating Earthquakes in New Zealand Has Put the Spotlight on the US Approach to Constructing Liquid Storage Tanks
- What Exactly Are PHMSA Requirements For A Breakout Tank?
- Existing, Emerging and Eventual Technology; What do Tank Owners need or want?
- 2202 Lean Duplex Stainless Steel for Storage Tanks
- A Review and Comparison of the STI SP001 and the API 653 AST Inspection Methods
- Updates to API-2350 Standard (Edition 5) for Overfill Prevention of Atmospheric Storage Tanks
- Why Do We Keep Blowing Things Up?
- Tank Coatings Failure: Lessons Learned from the DoD
- Challenges of meetings technical code and OSH requirements in remote and Arctic Environments
- Comparison of VCI and CP Performance Using Floor Scan Data from Several 10-Year Old AST Floors
- Maximizing Service Life of Protective Coatings and Linings in Petroleum Storage Tanks by utilizing a Comprehensive QA/QC Program
- Appendix U, How Does it Really Apply?Robotic Inspections
API Safe Tank Entry Workshop: October 11-12, 2021
- Tank decommissioning, isolation, degassing, safe tank entry, cleaning, return to service, and associated work
- An understanding of atmospheric monitoring, with instruction in the operation, calibration, and maintenance of field instruments that sample and analyze levels of oxygen, gases, and vapors.
- Attendees have the chance to calibrate and use the instruments
NFPA will award 0.7 Continuing Education Units for each day of instruction.
US-EPA Courses: October 11, 2021
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) will host two half day presentations on October 11:
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST: US-EPA Facility Response Plan (FRP) Course
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM CST: US-EPA SPCC Course
Mark Howard, US EPA OEM will discuss the inspector guidance for the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) regulations (40 CFR part 112). Troy Swackhammer, US EPA OEM will discuss plan requirements for facilities covered by EPA's Facility Response Plan (FRP) regulation (40 CFR part 112). The USEPA will provide an overview of the SPCC guidance and FRP regulations along with examples and explanations helpful in understanding and applying the regulations and amendments. USEPA encourages interested parties to attend, including regulated facilities, SPCC/FRP consultants/planners, and any other persons involved with SPCC and/or FRP complicance. Conference registration required to attend.
API/STI-SPFA Repair, Inspection, Modification, and Upgrade of Field Erected Storage Tanks Course: October 12, 2021
The course is designed for operators, inspectors, and engineers who wish to increase their knowledge of field-erected tanks. This new event is geared toward the continuing operation of existing tanks. The event will help those interested in understanding what can be done to identify and address deficiencies in existing tanks and develop an efficient path to a successful evaluation and repair.
7 PDH (Professional Development Hours) will be provided for course attendance.
Course topics include:
- History of Tank Repair and Maintenance Standards
- API 653 Inspections
- Requests for Quotation for Repairs
- Changes in Service
- Tank Repairs and Modifications
- Tank Coatings Inspection and Repairs
- Tank Testing
- Return to Service
August 5, 2021 Update: The 2021 Conference will be presented in two formats; In-person, and simultaneously as a virtual event. We will be using Cvent Attendee Hub, a platform considered as having the best-in-class attendee, speaker, and exhibitor experience. Robust features including messaging and appointment scheduling will be available to both in-person and virtual attendees. Additional information will be made available to confirmed sponsors and exhibitors closer to the event.
Purchase your Sponsorship or Exhibit Booth
Pay online or request an invoice. Note all sponsorships include an exhibit booth.
Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Kit - Available Soon
Deadline for registering your additional staff: 5:00 PM EST, October 6, 2021. After this date additional exhibitors must register onsite. Please identify your exhibit staff early!
Note: Use this link to register only after your companies Sponsor/Exhibitor application has been accepted. The registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions October 13-14, exhibit area, and receptions. Note this does not include admission Safe Tank Entry Workshop, Tank Fundamentals, or EPA courses offered October 11-12, 2021. To attend those courses you must pay the full admission fee for those courses. Registration badges are not interchangeable; swapping or sharing of badges is not allowed.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance - All Times Central
|Tuesday, October 12, 2021|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|Wednesday, October 13, 2021|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|6:30 am - 7:30 am||Exhibitor Set-Up (if not set October 12)|
|7:30 am - 6:00 pm||Expo Open, including Welcome Reception 5:00 - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 14, 2021|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:30 am - 3:35 pm||Expo Open|
|3:35 pm - 4:30 pm||Move-Out
All Exhibitors are welcome to attend the Closing Reception
|5:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Closing Reception
For additional information, please contact:
Attendee and Exhibit Staff Registration: Lindsay Morrison, 202-682-8194, email@example.com
Exhibition Logistics: Lindsay Morrison, 202-682-8194, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor/Exhibitor Sales: Matthew Cunningham, 202-682-8158, email@example.com
Exhibit Booth Information
Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own AV. Electricity will be provided to all exhibitors, as well as free WiFi.
Each exhibitor will be provided a draped 10’ wide x 8' deep exhibit booth (80 square feet). Each booth includes two chairs, garbage can, and a 6' x 30" draped table that can be removed. A company sign will be provided above your booth. One 120 volt electrical outlet will be provided at no charge, as well as complimentary WiFi. Note: Set up outside of the set up times listed above is strictly forbidden. No exhibitor badges or materials will be distributed outside of these times.
Exhibitors wishing to order additional AV services (i.e. renting a monitor) may contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with the in-house AV department.
API has arranged complimentary receiving, storage and delivery to the onsite API office for exhibitor materials. Note: Materials may arrive as early as Tuesday, October 5th, but not before. Exhibitors are kindly asked to consolidate their materials into as few boxes/items as possible. During exhibit set-up hours you may retrieve your materials from the API office. Exhibitors are responsible for their own outbound shipping. Please pack your own return shipping labels.
Please address all boxes/packages as follows:
API Storage Tank Conference
Attn: Name/Company/Booth #
Grand Hyatt Nashville
Attn: Booth #
Neither API or Freeman is responsible for outbound shipping. The hotel does not have a business/shipping center. Please pack your own shipping labels. The hotel will take all labeled items over to the loading dock at no charge. Exhibitors are also responsible for calling their carriers and arranging pickup.
Cvent, the provider of our conference app and registration system, is making available hand-held lead retrieval devices for rent to exhibitors. Information captured includes name, title, address, email, and phone number.
Additional information available soon.
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Sheraton Hotel public areas is strictly prohibited.
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours
2021 Storage Tank Conference Exhibitors
|RMF Tank Services
|Emerson Automation Solutions - Rosemount Tank Gauging
|Advance Tank & Construction Co.||12|
|CB&I Storage Solutions||17|
|Roundtable Engineering Solutions, LLC
|Denso North America
|MFE Inspection Solutions
Booth Location TBD
Grand Hyatt Nashville
Nashville, TN 73203
Room Rate: $279 single/double
Mention the 2021 API Storage Tank Conference, to receive the API group rate.
Reservations questions? If you need personal assistance, please call 1-800-233-1234 (central reservations). You may also call the hotel directly at 615-622-1234 and ask for in-house reservations if you have difficulty making online reservations or have specific questions.
Reservations Deadline: Friday, October 1, 2021 by 5:00 pm, CT,
After this date and time, reservations will be accepted on a space and room type availability basis and at the hotel's best rate available.
Room Guarantee and Reservation Cancellation: A credit card guarantee is required to confirm and hold each reservation. Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival, and a cancellation number must be obtained, or the card will be charged for the first night’s room rate. Hotel is responsible for informing guests of this requirement. API assumes no responsibility.
Hyatt Hotels is committed to the safety and wellbeing of its guests. Review Hyatt Hotels Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment for details.
Monitor the website for the Grand Hyatt Nashville or contact them directly for ongoing and updated details.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.