API Specification Q2 Practitioner Training - Presented by Aston Technical Consulting Services, LLC
When: September 14, 2020 - September 17, 2020
Where: Virtual Live Training (Central Time Zone)
Presented by Aston Technical Consulting Services, LLC
The landscape of our changing work environment is facilitating the need to improve the way the industry approaches the management of quality. API Spec. Q2 was developed to address quality management systems for the service supply organizations for the upstream petroleum and natural gas industries. This four-day training frames the management system requirements in a managerial and business prospective and will provide you with a working understanding of the document’s requirements.
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q2's importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q2 requirements and interpretations.
This course is a one-day extension of the three-day Q2 Fundamentals course and is ideal for practitioners. The Q2 course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Service Execution; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. In addition, the Practitioner course covers the critical clauses and controls, teaches service providers how to properly develop, deploy, implement and sustain the specification and teaches operators how to review and audit for maximum effectiveness. In this course we discuss the fundamentals and thoroughly examine the key controls within the standard and how to apply them to eliminate risk while improving operations.
Particular key areas of study include the following:
- Q2's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Service design
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the scope of API Spec Q2
- Understand allowable exclusions in API Spec Q2
- Understand audit criteria using the requirements found in the API Q2 specification
- Apply the principles of Risk Assessment & Management
- Analyze and Development Contingency Plans
- Evaluate and Create a Management of Change plan
- Implement a quality management systems plan based on the requirements of API Spec Q2
Who Should Attend:
- Applicants for APIQR Q2 Registration
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Well-site service providers
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
CEUs and Certificates:
This course is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Participants meeting the requirements of the course will be awarded the following:
Certificate: A certificate of completion will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the requirements of the class and receive a passing rate of 80% or higher on the student assessment.
About the Instructor:
Bill Aston has been the Managing Director of Aston Technical Consulting Services, LLC since 2004. He has more than 40 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, which includes all phases of QA, QC and quality managements related to pipelines, manufacturing and fabrication, major capital projects, plant operations inspection, new construction and facilities expansion projects. Bill is certified by ASQ as a QMS Certified Quality Auditor and Exemplar Global (RABQSA) as a past Lead Auditor and current Principal Auditor, He has conducted QMS and supplier quality audits throughout the USA, Canada, Argentina, and the Middle East. He has assisted companies with obtaining certifications for ISO 9001 and API Q1 as well as various API product licenses. Bill has been published in ASQ’s Quality Progress Magazines on numerous occasions since 2012. He has served as a subject matter expert for ASQ's Ask the Experts program since 2008. Bill is a member of API Quality Subcommittee 18 and is a voting member of US TAG to ISO TC 176, ISO TC 176 and an Interpretation Committee member.
For More Information:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.