API Specification Q1 9th Ed. Fundamentals Training - Presented by Qualified Specialists, International
When: October 19, 2020 - October 21, 2020
Where: Houston, TX
Presented by Qualified Specialists, International
The landscape of our changing work environment is facilitating the need to improve the way the industry approaches the management of quality. The API Spec. Q1, 9th Edition Training Course is a 2.5 day course that frames the management system requirements in a managerial and business prospective and will provide you with a working understanding of the 9th Edition requirements.
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q1’s importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q1’s requirements and interpretations, which includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
This course is ideal for both newcomers and those already familiar with working under Spec. Q1 requirements. Course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Product Realization; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. Particular key areas of study include the following:
- An introduction on the API and overview of the API Monogram Program
- Catalysts necessitating changes to the 9th Edition
- Q1's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- Product specifications
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Design input
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
- Annex A
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe Importance of API Spec Q1 to oil and gas industry
- Understand the Legal Requirements of Q1
- Identify Quality Management System Requirements
- Apply Planning requirements for Product Realization (5.1 – 5.3)
- Understand Design and Development within quality management systems
- Analyze and Create Contingency Planning
- Identify QMS Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
Who Should Attend:
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
CEUs and Certificates:
This course is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Participants meeting the requirements of the course will be awarded the following:
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the practical exam.
About the Instructors:
Bud Weightman is an international consultant involved with management and technical systems for over 30 years. As President of QSI, Bud is involved with industry committees responsible for: revision of API Spec. Q1; creation of API Spec. Q2; the API Task Group for welding; harmonization of API product spec. requirements; and lead auditor for the accreditation of SEMS Audit Providers through the Center for Offshore Safety. Bud’s experience includes working with various ISO management systems, and with industry-specific certification schemes such as API Q1/Q2, AS9100, and ASME systems.
Dana Harris is certified by ASQ, as a CQA, and by Exemplar Global, as a Principal Auditor and Certified Management System Lead Specialist. Dana is currently a Senior Auditor, and has spent the last 10 years implementing quality management systems according to API Spec Q1 and API product specifications.
For More Information:
For lodging suggestions, general training inquiries, and onsite (private) training at a discounted rate, contact Bud Weightman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 444-4950. You may also visit www.qualifiedspecialists.com for additional information.