API Specification Q1 9th Ed. Practitioner Training in English or Spanish - Presented by Inserpetrol Inc.
When: October 11, 2021 - October 14, 2021
Where: Houston, TX or Virtual Live Training (GMT (-5))
*English and Spanish course options available.
**Course may be conducted live via a virtual platform, at the Houston, TX training venue, or on-site at your facility upon request. Contact the training provider for more information.
The landscape of our changing work environment is facilitating the need to improve the way the industry approaches the management of quality. The API Spec. Q1, 9th Edition Training Course is a four day course that frames the management system requirements in a managerial and business prospective and will provide you with a working understanding of the 9th Edition requirements.
About the Instructor:
Facilitators are Senior Quality Engineers with 30+ years’ experience in Manufacturing of Pipe, Valves, Tanks and other products used in oil and gas drilling and transportation. Extensive experience in managing and maintaining QMS based on API Q1, Q2, and ISO 9001.
All Course Inquiries Please Contact:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (281) 809-5498.
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q1’s importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q1’s requirements and interpretations, which includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
This course is an extension of the Fundamentals course and is ideal for Q1 practitioners. Course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Product Realization; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. Particular key areas of study include the following:
- An introduction on the API and overview of the API Monogram Program
- Catalysts necessitating changes to the 9th Edition
- Q1's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- Product specifications
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Design input
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
- Annex A
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe Importance of API Spec Q1 to oil and gas industry
- Understand the Legal Requirements of Q1
- Identify Quality Management System Requirements
- Apply Planning requirements for Product Realization (5.1 – 5.3)
- Understand Design and Development within quality management systems
- Analyze and Create Contingency Planning
- Identify QMS Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
- Define API’s Monogram program requirements
- Apply the principles of Risk Assessment & Management
- Analyze and Development Contingency Plans
- Evaluate and Create a Management of Change plan
Who Should Attend:
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Manufacturers of Oilfield Equipment
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
CEUs and Certificates:
This course is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Participants meeting the requirements of the course will be awarded the following:
Certificate: A certificate is available upon successful completion of the course and an 80% or higher score on the exam.