API 578 Positive Material Identification (PMI) Training - Presented by Analytical Training Consultants, LLC
When: August 17, 2022 - August 18, 2022
Where: Pipeline Research Council (PRCI) Technology Development Center 6410-J Langfield Road Houston, TX
Registration fee (per attendee): API Member $1,250; API Non-Member $1,750
Guidelines and Application Procedures for API Recommended Practice 578 Positive Material Identification (PMI) Using XRF / OES & LIBS Technologies
The purpose of this course is to train API 570 inspectors in understanding and applying API RP 578, 3rd Edition, and educate personnel in proper Guideline and Application procedures utilizing XRF / OES /LIBS technologies for PMI.
About the Instructor:
Brian Wilson has 20 years of experience using handheld XRF, OES & LIBS elemental chemistry techniques, and has extensive hands-on knowledge of solutions that can improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of industry consumers. He focuses on handheld analytical techniques for the oil and gas industries (upstream, midstream, and downstream) as well as petrochemical, power generation and the manufacturing and fabrication industries that support the energy markets. As an independent PMI business owner beginning in 1999, Brian was part of the evolution of the handheld XRF offerings and was directly involved in increasing their presence in the marketplace as PMI and material compliance became more critical. From 2009-2014, Brian held positions of increasing responsibility with Acuren Inspection in Houston, TX. As SME/Program Manager, he implemented a comprehensive PMI training program and developed techniques and procedures for specific field applications. From 2014-2020 Brian led global business development efforts for Thermo Fisher Scientific and is currently with SciAps, Inc. as a subject matter expert for PMI/NDT markets.
All Course Inquiries Please Contact:
This two-day course will cover instruction on both classroom theory and field-testing procedures:
- Through Understanding API RP 578 Guidelines
- Through Application of Proper PMI Testing Procedures
The need and requirement for Positive Material Identification (PMI) has dramatically grown in the past few years in refinery and petrochemical plant operations to 100% alloy material verification in today's risk-based QC environment.
- Understand & Apply API Recommended Practice 578 Positive Material Identification (PMI) Guidelines
- Explain How OSHA Instruction-CLP 03-00-004 Nation Emphasis Program (NEP) Applies to Their Industry
- Better Understanding of OSHA CPL-02-02-045
- Process Safety Management (PSM) 29CFR1910.119 With Proper Material Verification Program and Training
- Practical PMI Applications Using XRF/OES/LIBS Technologies
- Technical Understanding of How XRF Technology Works
- Technical Understanding of How OES/LIBS Technology Works
- Recognize Safe Practices Utilizing XRF Technology. Radiation Safety Understanding How “As Low As Reasonably Achievable” (ALARA) Can Be Attained
- Applying “Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices” (RAGAGEP) for Inspection of Material, Warehouse Material Identification Through Positive Material Identification (PMI) XRF/OES/LIBS Analysis
Who Should Attend:
Personnel enrolled in API 570 training, i.e. QA/QC inspectors, maintenance, stores, warehouse, inspection testing companies, fabrication shop, and QA/QC reliability departments for oil and gas (Petrochemical and Refining) operations.