2017 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo
Online Registration is Closed, Please Register Onsite
When: July 11, 2017 - July 12, 2017
Where:Westin Houston Memorial City, Houston, Texas
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the latest in offshore developments while sharing experiences, practices, and even information on real-life incidents. The major theme of this year’s event will be “Safe Lifting in a Changing Global Industry”, covering how lifting operations fit into the overall philosophy of an operators Safety and Environmental Management System, now required by the BSEE.
- Center for Offshore Safety
- Offshore Marine Service Association
- Offshore Operators Committee
- National Ocean Industries Association
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
Registration: 202-682-8030 or email@example.com
Conference Sessions Include
- BSEE/USCG Leadership Opening Remarks
- Update on Lifting Data (2015 & 2016)
- Update on API Standards API Spec 2C 8th Edition, Update on New Crane Spec & API 2CCU Update on Cargo Container Units
- Inspection & Maintenance of Offshore Cranes
- Lifting In Your Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS)
- API 2D -2 Update on Training document
- IADC Updates
- API U Updates
- Lift Planning and Contractor Interface & Risk Assessment
- Mechanical Integrity
- Subsea / Active Heave Compensation and Inspection
- Regulator Session
- Virtual Reality Crane Operator Training
- Shackle Technology Development
- Wire Rope Technology Development
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Fax to: 202-682-8222
The additional exhibitor registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. API will request proof (i.e. business card) of direct employment and ID at the conference registration desk. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions, exhibit area, and receptions.
Additional exhibitors register here.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance
|July 10, 2017|
|7:00 am - 3:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|July 11, 2017|
|7:00 am - 6:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:00 am - 6:30 pm||Expo Open|
|July 12, 2017|
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:15 am - 3:50 pm||Expo Open|
|3:50 pm - 5:00 pm||Exhibitor Tear-Down|
|5:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Closing Reception
Optional to Exhibit
Each exhibitor will be provided a draped 8’ x 6’ exhibit booth (48 square feet). Do not ship your 10' display - it will not fit! Each booth has a 6' x 3' table that can be removed. Each table has a tablecloth and two chairs. A company sign will be provided above your booth. One electrical outlet will be provided at no charge. Please notify your exhibit staff on what to expect. Note: Set up outside of the set up times listed above is strictly forbidden. No exhibitor badges or materials will be distributed outside of these times.
Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own AV. One electrical outlet will be provided to each exhibitor.
To order additional AV services from the hotel, please contact: PSAV Event Technology, Westin Houston Memorial City: Contact: Kelvin Bienvenue at 281-501-4334.
Order must be placed with PSAV.
Please note WiFi will be provided to all attendees and exhibitors via the WiFi Sponsor. A password will be provided at the Registration Desk.
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Caesars Palace public areas is strictly prohibited
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, June 10th:
- Company description (not more than 5 sentences), including company contact information and URL. Contact information should include (at minimum) City/Phone/Email/URL.
- Company logo for enlargement on sponsor sign. Logo must be high resolution 300 dpi or greater EPS, TIF, or JPG. No Bitmap, GIF or PNG files.
- Promotional one-page marketing flyer/ad no larger than 8.5" x 11" for insertion in the conference bag. Please mail 300 copies to the hotel by Saturday, July 8th (Attention: M. Cunningham - API). Conference bags will be assembled on Monday.
Hotel Mailing Address for Shipping Exhibit Materials:
Attn: (Company Contact/Company)
C/O Kelsie Dewalt - API
Westin Houston Memorial City
945 Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77024
Note: Items should not arrive prior to July 7, 2017. The hotel will deliver all exhibitor items to "Cedar", the API office on the 4th floor. Please come to Cedar during the set-up hours to retrieve your items. All drayage fees will be covered by API. At the conclusion of the event API staff will allow you to place your items in the API office and have the hotel bring them to the loading dock.
|Conference Bag with Logo||Verope USA|
|Conference Lanyard with Logo||Sparrows
|Conference WIFI||PACCAR Winch|
|Continental Breakfast - July 11||Bishop Lifting Products|
|Mid-Morning Refreshment Break - July 11||Techcrane
|Luncheon - July 11||Shell Pipeline Company LP|
|Afternoon Refreshment Break - July 11||Columbus McKinnon
|Continental Breakfast - July 12||Available
|Mid-Morning Refreshment Break - July 12||Available|
|Luncheon - July 12||Gulf Crane
|Afternoon Refreshment Break - July 12||Available|
|Marine & Industrial||4|
|The Crosby Group||8|
|Bishop Lifting Products
|Dynamic Measurement Systems
|Shell Pipeline Company LP
|Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau
|USHA Martin Americas||21|
|Oil States Skagit Smatco
Westin Houston Memorial City
945 Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77024
Room Rate: $189 Single or Double Occupancy; Mention API Group Rate
Reservation Deadline: June 23, 2017 or until room block is sold out