2019 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo
When: September 24, 2019 - September 25, 2019
Where:Westin Houston Memorial City, Houston, Texas
The U.S. offshore oil and natural gas industry, in collaboration with its regulatory agencies, invites you to attend the 2019 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo, September 24-25, 2019 in Houston, Texas.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the latest in offshore developments while sharing experiences, practices, and even information on real-life incidents. The major theme of this year’s event will be “Safe Lifting and Growing Technology”.
- Center for Offshore Safety
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- National Ocean Industries Association
- Offshore Operators Committee
Registration: 202-682-8194 or email@example.com
Conference sessions include:
- BSEE/USCG Leadership Opening Remarks
- Update on Lifting Data (2017 & 2018)
- Update on API Standards API Spec 2C Offshore Pedestal-mounted Cranes 8th Edition, Update on New Crane Spec & API 2CCU Update on Cargo Container Units
- Why Below Hook Standards are Important in Marine Lifting
- Construction Vessel & Subsea Lifting
- Embedded Object Liberation
- Subsea Lifting
- Corrosion Issues with Steel and Crane Components & How to Deal with It
- Strain Aging in High Tensile Wire Rope
- Corrosion and Derating of Cranes - Contractor Perspective
- Corrosion and Derating of Cranes - Operator Perspective
- IOGP JIP 33 Initiative (What Is It & Does It Affect My Cranes?)
- Crane Operator / Rigger Training & Competency
- API 2D-2 Update on Training Document
- Using Virtual Reality Safety Simulators to Train like a Navy SEAL
- Hybrid Training
- Use of High Performance Fiber Ropes on Cranes Versus Traditional Wire Rope
- Fiber Cables and Pendant Lines
- New Technologies in the Design of Sheaves, Hoists, Monorails etc.
- Flexi Jib
- Predictive Based Monitoring, Inspection & Maintenance of Cranes
- Use of Thermal Imaging for the Inspection of Cranes
- DROPS Events Rate Reduction in Petrobras Offshore Drilling Units
- Bolt Inspection
- Technology Advances in Crane Safety & How they Can Benefit Me
- Technological Advances in Load Monitoring Systems
- Continuous Rope Monitoring Systems (CRMS) for High-Value Offshore Ropes: Retirement-for-Cause and Predictive Maintenance
- Absolute Crane Position and Data Acquisition Innovations for Offshore Cranes
- Ship-to-Ship Motion Measurement System (Relative Motion Radar Technology for Boom Tip Cameras)
- Regulator Panel
Additional exhibitor staff can register here.
Deadline for registering your additional staff: 5:00 PM EST, Wednesday, September 18th. After this date additional exhibitors must register onsite. Please identify your exhibit staff early!
Note: Use this link only once you have registered as a Sponsor or Exhibitor (see 209 Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus above). The additional exhibitor registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. API will request proof (i.e. business card) of direct employment and ID at the conference registration desk. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions, exhibit area, and receptions.
Exhibitor Schedule at a Glance
|September 23, 2019|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|3:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|September 24, 2019|
|7:00 am - 6:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:00 am - 6:30 pm||Expo Open|
|September 25, 2019|
|7:30 am - 5:00 pm||Registration Services Open|
|7:15 am - 3:40 pm||Expo Open|
|3:40 pm - 5:00 pm||Exhibitor Tear-Down|
Each exhibitor will be provided a draped 8’ x 6’ exhibit booth (48 square feet). Do not ship your 10' display - it will not fit! Each booth has a 6' x 3' table that can be removed. Each table has a tablecloth and two chairs. A company sign will be provided above your booth. One electrical outlet will be provided at no charge. Please notify your exhibit staff on what to expect. Note: Set up outside of the set up times listed above is strictly forbidden. No exhibitor badges or materials will be distributed outside of these times.
Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own AV. One electrical outlet will be provided to each exhibitor.
To order additional AV services from the hotel, please contact: PSAV Event Technology, Westin Houston Memorial City: Contact: Kelvin Bienvenue at 281-501-4334.
Order must be placed with PSAV.
Please note WiFi will be provided to all attendees and exhibitors via the WiFi Sponsor. A password will be provided at the Registration Desk.
- All booth activities must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- Booth activities deemed too disruptive may be discontinued at Show Management's discretion.
- All promotional activities and distribution of literature must take place within the confines of the assigned booth. Distribution outside of the confines of the booth, including all API and Caesars Palace public areas is strictly prohibited
- If a booth noise level is particularly disturbing or disruptive, Show Management will direct that the noise be turned down.
- All speakers must face inward and not out towards the aisles or neighboring Exhibits. Exhibitors found in non-compliance, will be required to modify the direction of the speakers to a more suitable position.
- No element can impede the aisles; All demonstrations must take place within the confines of the assigned booth space.
- A maximum height of eight feet is allowed only in the rear half of the booth space, with a four foot height restriction on all materials (product or equipment) in the front half of the booth.
- All booths should be designed in such a way so as to eliminate line of sight obstructions from one exhibit to the next.
- Delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit will not be permitted during exhibit hours.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 28th:
- Company description (not more than 5 sentences), including company contact information and URL. Contact information should include (at minimum) City/Phone/Email/URL.
- Company logo for enlargement on sponsor sign. Logo must be high resolution 300 dpi or greater EPS, TIF, or JPG. No Bitmap, GIF or PNG files.
- Promotional one-page marketing flyer/ad no larger than 8.5" x 11" for insertion in the conference bag. Please mail 300 copies to the hotel by Saturday, September 21st (Attention: SPONSOR- API). Conference bags will be assembled on Monday.
Hotel Mailing Address for Shipping Exhibit Materials:
Attn: (Company Contact/Company)
C/O Sarah Miller - API
Westin Houston Memorial City
945 Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77024
Note: Items should not arrive prior to September 18, 2019. The hotel will deliver all exhibitor items to "Cedar", the API office on the 4th floor. Please come to Cedar during the set-up hours to retrieve your items. All drayage fees will be covered by API. At the conclusion of the event API staff will allow you to place your items in the API office and have the hotel bring them to the loading dock.
|Conference Bag with Logo + Booth||Available|
|Conference Lanyard with Logo + Booth||Sparrows|
|Conference Wi-Fi + Booth||BRADEN – A PACCAR Company|
|Offshore Safe Lifting Conference: Sept. 24 - Mid Morning Refreshment Break||NSL|
|Offshore Safe Lifting Conference: Sept. 24 - Luncheon + Booth||Shell Pipeline Company LP|
|Offshore Safe Lifting Conference: Sept. 24 - Networking Reception + Booth||Available|
|Offshore Safe Lifting Conference: Sept. 25 - Mid Morning Refreshment Break||Techcrane International||Offshore Safe Lifting Conference: Sept. 25 - Luncheon + Booth||ExxonMobil
Gulf Crane Services, Inc.
|Offshore Safe Lifting Conference: Sept. 25 - Networking Reception + Booth||Available|
|Gulf Crane Services, Inc.||1|
|Aanderra, a Xylem brand.||8|
|Axess North American||10|
|Shell Pipeline Company LP
|Shell Pipeline Company LP||12|
|Reserved for Sponsor||13|
|Dynamic Measurement Systems||14|
|Reserved for Sponsor||17|
|BRADEN – A PACCAR Company||18|
|Reserved for Sponsor||20|
|Reserved for Sponsor||22|
Westin Houston Memorial City
945 Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77024
Room Rate: $199 Single or Double Occupancy; Mention API Group Rate
Reservation Deadline: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5:00 pm Central, or until room block is sold out
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to email@example.com. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.