2019 Spring Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting
When: May 06, 2019 - May 09, 2019
Where: Grand Hyatt San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
The informative program will include:
- A Welcome Breakfast and General Session
- A Vast Array of Technical Standards Committee Meetings covering Refining and Chemical Process Equipment
- API/AFPM Operating Practices Symposium (Open to Refining and Petrochemical Operating Companies Only)
- Monday Networking Reception, including Sponsor Tabletop Exhibits
Refining Standards Committees: David Miller, 202-682-8159 or email@example.com; Stephen Crimaudo, 202-682-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Refining Subcommittee & API/AFPM Operating Practices Symposium: Ron Chittim, 202-682-8176 or email@example.com
Logistical Information: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Brittany Ellis, 202-682-8195 or email@example.com
The Committee on Refinery Equipment, CRE, is responsible for ~160 standards that form the basis of the API Individual Certification (ICP) and Process Safety Site Assessment (PSSAP) Program. The technical subcommittees that report to the CRE are:
- Subcommittee on Heat Transfer Equipment
- Subcommittee on Mechanical Equipment
- Subcommittee on Piping & Valves
- Subcommittee on Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Subcommittee on Electrical Equipment
- Subcommittee on Pressure Relieving Systems
- Subcommittee on Instrument & Control Systems
- Subcommittee on Refractory Materials
- Subcommittee on Inspection & Mechanical Integrity
- Subcommittee on Corrosion & Materials
- Technical Data Committee – Petroleum Refining
*As not all subcommittees meet at each meeting please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should Attend
Industry professionals in the refining and petrochemical industries such as:
- Operations and engineering managers
- Process unit engineers and specialists
- Refinery equipment specialists
Reason for Attending
- Have access to technical committee meetings covering API standards
- Learn about the latest research and development on refining process equipment, including future R&D efforts
- Obtain the latest information from industry suppliers by visiting their tabletop exhibits.
- Make contacts with your colleagues and establish new business connections.
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration. The cost is free and your sponsored attendee is welcomed at all 2019 API Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored, and accompanied, by a prior API standards meeting participant from the same company. Pre-registration is required. All hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant/attendee. You may only register two sponsored attendees, and on-site registration cannot be accepted for them.
2019 Fall Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting
November 18-21, 2019
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Fax to 202-682-8222
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
Artwork Deadline: Due with completed application
Information for Sponsors and Exhibitors - (Coming Soon) This contains information on deadline, setup, display hours, shipping details, etc.
|Monday Breakfast / General Session||$3,500||5 Available|
|Coffee / Refreshment Breaks||$3,000||4 Available||Gas & Air Systems, Inc.|
|Monday Networking Break||$2,500||Available|
|Tuesday Networking Break||$2,500||Available
|Welcome Reception||$5,000||5 Available|
|API Meeting App||$6,500||Available|
|Lanyards||$5,500||SOLD||International Standard Valve|
|Mobile Device Power Banks||$8,000||Available
- Monday: Riverwalk Cruise and Lunch
- Tuesday: The Real San Antonio City Tour
To register a spouse/guest, for method of payment inquiries, and/or split payment inquiries, please contact Brittany Ellis at 202-682-8195 or EllisB@api.org.
Deadline: April 26, 2019
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds: Refunds will be granted at 100% if requests are received by May 3, 2019. After this date, spouse/guest refunds will be granted at 50%.
|By April 26|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activities - 2 Days||$242|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast Only - 2 Days||$100|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activity - 1 Day||$142|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast Only - 1 Day||$50|
Guidelines for Participation
- On-site registration will be based on availability only and cannot be guaranteed.
- The order and type of the activities listed are subject to change. Notification will be given.
- A spouse/guest refers to a spouse or personal friend, not a business associate or staff colleague. The spouse/guest registration fee may not be applied to anyone who wishes to attend meetings.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Before participation can begin, the spouse will be asked to sign a general waiver of liability.
Questions?Christy Howard, Christy Hill Events, Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org or Arnetta Smith at email@example.com
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
600 East Market Street
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Room Rate: $239 single/double; Mention the API meeting to receive the group rate. If you need additional assistance, please call the hotel directly at 210-224-1234 and ask for in-house reservations.
Reservations Deadline: April 15, 2019 by 5:00 pm local time at the hotel or until room block is sold out. After this date and time, reservations will be accepted at the group room rate on a space available basis only or at the hotel's best rate available.
Room Guarantee and Reservation Cancellation: A credit card guarantee is required to confirm and hold your reservation. Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival, and a cancellation number must be obtained or your credit card will be charged for the first night’s room rate.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.