2021 Fall Committee on Petroleum Measurement Standards Meeting
When: October 18, 2021 - October 22, 2021
Where: Grand Hyatt Nashville, Nashville, Tennessee and Virtual
The 2021 Fall Committee on Petroleum Measurement Standards Meeting (COPM) will be held as a hybrid meeting, October 18-22, 2021, in Nashville, Tennessee. It will be open to anyone who wishes to participate.
Reason for Attending
The Committee on Petroleum Measurement Standards Meeting remains an invaluable opportunity to be a part of how the U.S. petroleum industry develops and maintains state-of-the-art standards. With that in mind, we will host COPM as a hybrid event this Fall.
To ensure that the meetings are open to all who may have a “direct and material interest in the subject of the standard”, we have added virtual participation as a registration option with a registration fee to support the virtual meeting capabilities. This is in accord with our ANSI accredited Procedures for Standards Development, which state the following regarding openness and meeting procedures, emphasis added:
5.2 Due Process
Participation in API standards activities is open to all parties (persons and organizations) that have a direct and material interest in the subject of a standard.
API seeks broad input to its standardization activities including the participation of all parties representing interest categories appropriate to the nature of the standard and allows for open attendance at standards meetings.
5.10 Standards Meeting Procedures
Committees dealing with standards activities shall meet as needed to conduct their work. Except for those portions of meetings dealing with policy and/or budget issues, standards meetings are open to all interested parties.
- Gain access to technical committee meetings covering API standards and best practices used throughout the industry to promote safe and environmentally sound operations.
- Learn about the latest research and development on measurement techniques and equipment, including future R&D efforts that may benefit your business in the long run.
- Network with colleagues and establish new business connections.
- Connect with exhibitors to learn about products, services, and technologies that may be important to your company.
- Qualify for the chance to win one of two complimentary registrations to the 2022 Spring COPM Meetings during the two networking breaks on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
- Earn Professional Development Hours (PDH) to maintain professional certifications.
Virtual attendees will have the same access to meetings, sponsor and exhibitor information, colleagues through the event platform, and will still have a chance to qualify for the complimentary registrations through an in-app game.
Registration (attendees, sponsors, or exhibitors): Brittany Ellis, 202-682-8195, email@example.com
Logistics: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Miller, 202-682-8159, email@example.com
- Paula Watkins, 202-682-8197, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sally Goodson, 202-682-8130, email@example.com
- Nick Monchak, 970-313-6868, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patty Fusaro, 202-682-8417, email@example.com
COPM Committee Information: Kierra Beliveau, 202-682-8565, firstname.lastname@example.org
API Corporate Membership status: Lillie Saunders, 202-682-8475, email@example.com
The Committee on Petroleum Measurement, COPM, is responsible for ~180 standards used worldwide for custody transfer operations. The technical subcommittees that report to the COPM are:
- Committee on Liquid Measurement
- Committee on Gas Fluid Measurement
- Committee on Production Measurement & Allocation
- Committee on Measurement Quality
- Committee on Measurement Accountability
- Committee on Evaporative Loss Estimation
- Committee on Measurement Education & Training
*As not all subcommittees meet during the Measurement meetings, please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should AttendIndustry professionals including:
- Loss/Control Specialists
- Sales and Marketing Managers
- Measurement Specialists
- Measurement Auditors
- Oil Producers
- Refining and Marketing Firms
API is pleased to offer sponsor and exhibit opportunities. The application process, for both sponsors and exhibitors, is now being offered online.
Download Shipping Instructions
Please do not ship your items to arrive at the hotel before October 14, 2021.
Artwork Deadline – Sponsors Only: September 3, 2021
Sponsors, if your application is for the sponsorship of items that need to be designed and produced, such as bags, lanyards, app. etc., please submit your online applications by September 3, 2021, so that we have time to have those items produced and shipped to Dallas in time for the start of the meeting.
Deadline for Sponsorship and Exhibitor Applications: September 3, 2021
Upon receipt of our application, you will be contacted by the API Registrar (Brittany Ellis) to confirm your application, method of payment, and collect the following items:
- Marketing contact’s full name and email address
- Company logo in JPG and EPS
- Company URL
- Company description not to exceed 100 words
- Name(s) of those using the complimentary registration(s)
If you require an invoice and/or wish to pay by check, your full payment is due by September 3, 2021. If you wish to pay by credit card, the Registrar will also assist with that option.
Deadline for Sponsor and Exhibitor Cancellations and Refunds: September 17, 2021
Cancellation: Sponsors and Exhibitors may cancel their obligation up to September 17, 2021. However, 50% of the fee for sponsors and for exhibitors is nonrefundable. Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing. Email to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds cannot be granted after September 17, 2021.
SponsorsAs a sponsor, you will receive:
- An acknowledgement of sponsors will be included in the app. The exact wording will be at the discretion of API.
- Customized sign with the company name at the sponsored function.
- Your company listed as a sponsor on the API website with a link to your company website.
- Use of a "Sponsors Only Table" (shared table) in our registration area for distribution of company literature and hospitality invitations.
- A "Sponsor" ribbon affixed to the company representative's badge for easy identification.
|Monday General Session Breakfast||$3,000||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Tuesday General Session Breakfast||$3,000||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Central Coffee/Refreshment Breaks||$3,000||One (1) complimentary registration included||Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.|
|Monday Networking Break||$3,000||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Tuesday Networking Break||$3,000||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Reception||$4,500||Two (2) complimentary registrations included|
|Wi-Fi Access in COPM Meeting Space||$5,500||Two (2) complimentary registrations included|
|Registration Lanyards - SOLD||$5,500||Two (2) complimentary registrations included||Canada Pipeline Accessories Co. Ltd.|
|Registration Bags - SOLD||$7,500||Three (3) complimentary registrations included||Kam Controls, Inc.|
|Mobile Device Power Banks - SOLD||$7,500||Three (3) complimentary registrations included||OMNI Flow Computers|
|Meeting App||$7,500||Three (3) complimentary registrations included|
|Meeting Contributor||$500||Limited benefits plus $150 discount off the registration fee for one person.)|
|Exhibit Display Table
(20 table spaces available)
(Fee includes Welcome breakfasts and general sessions, reception, and coffee/refreshment breaks only.)
- A six-foot, tabletop exhibit space near the registration area to for use Monday through Wednesday.
(Setup 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- 50% discount on one (1) registration for exhibit table representative.
- Wi-Fi access in the meeting space.
- Welcome breakfast on Monday and Tuesday, all coffee/refreshment breaks each day; special networking break, 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm, Monday and Tuesday; and reception on Tuesday evening.
- An acknowledgement of exhibitors will be included in the app. The exact wording will be at the discretion of API.
- Your company listed as an exhibitor on the API website with a link to your company's website.
- An "Exhibitor" ribbon affixed to badge for easy identification.
Grand Hyatt Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
The API room block closed on September 27th. Reservations can no longer be made online. Please contact Abbi Balaka, Reservations Supervisor, at 615-622-4036 (email@example.com), to make reservations. Please reference API so that she knows your reservation is for the Fall COPM Meeting.
Room Rate: $269 single or double occupancy
Mention the Fall Petroleum Measurement Standards Meeting or Group Code G-APIS, to receive the API group rate.
Reservations questions? If you need personal assistance, please call 1-800-233-1234 (central reservations). You may also call the hotel directly at 615-622-1234 and ask for in-house reservations if you have difficulty making online reservations or have specific questions.Room Guarantee and Reservation Cancellation: A credit card guarantee is required to confirm and hold each reservation. Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival, and a cancellation number must be obtained, or the card will be charged for the first night’s room rate. Hotel is responsible for informing guests of this requirement. API assumes no responsibility.
Hyatt Hotels is committed to the safety and wellbeing of its guests. Review Hyatt Hotels Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment for details.
Monitor the website for the Grand Hyatt Nashville or contact them directly for ongoing and updated details.